Grade boundaried lowered due to world cup Watch

Hurricane_Herd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
crazy.....first of all exams come before any world football event, secondly, if they did reduce it "even by one mark" as you say....it will make no difference, so Shut it Muppet !
Hurricane_Herd
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
sorry about that freak out
Hurricane_Herd
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
not that any one was listening
Hurricane_Herd
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
and no i am not trying to get my post count over the 100 mark !!! mwah ha ha
aleathiel
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Still nothing from wjec shall I email them again??
lisa_2k
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by aleathiel)
Still nothing from wjec shall I email them again??
is there a phone number you can ring? or an exams officer who can contact them on your behalf? that way you'd be more likely to get a response than by email
aleathiel
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hmm well got a reply from aqa (for my art history) and they said to go through the exams officer, guess that means going into college and doing that then
FruitcakeLiz
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Chiraag)
Do you think the grade boundaries may be affected due to people watching the world cup??!! maybe even by 1 mark? i think it might lol
haha what a joke! You're having a laugh right?!!
staylor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I shouldnt think the grade boundaries will change (lets face it, if you let TV interfere with your studies you dont deserve to get the grades anyway), but I believe there is a noticeable drop in exam results during years where sports events interfere with the exam period.
Eau
Badges: 15
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by staylor)
I shouldnt think the grade boundaries will change (lets face it, if you let TV interfere with your studies you dont deserve to get the grades anyway), but I believe there is a noticeable drop in exam results during years where sports events interfere with the exam period.
really? give us the stats? I'm interested!
Mustard-man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
There's a section about this on the edexcel website which was written today.

Here's the link
Intelligentsia
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mustard-man)

Here's the link
From the link:

With exams finished, students’ agonising wait for their results begins. A Level results day is 17 August and GCSE results are out the following Thursday, 24 July.
Isn't that 24th AUGUST? Now why make such a stupid blunder and get everyone worried.
x-suzy-x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Intelligentsia)
Isn't that 24th AUGUST? Now why make such a stupid blunder and get everyone worried.
It is the 24th August not July. Its just a really stupid mistake that I cant believe they didnt spot!
Alex_18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
When do the unis get our results its a week earlier right? Can they post their response prior to the 17th
Nel48
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Would the Uni be allowed to tell you whether you're in or not if you rang? Presumably that's a no, otherwise everyone would do it.
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lets use our heads here... ofcourse not!
What has the world cup got to do with the grade boundaries!
paddy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mustard-man)

Here's the link
Yeah but it's according to the parents, and since when do they know what their children are doing? When my parents thought I was revising for my GCSEs I was just in my room playing computer games (I could have easily put channel 1, 2 or 3 on to watch the footie had it been that year).
I know loads of people at my school who insisted on watching every match, even though they had exams and even though they had no connection whatsoever to the teams playing:rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1114)
78.9%
Leave (298)
21.1%

Watched Threads