The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Should I buy a Fresher's Pass?

I'm going to Northumbria Uni in September and all my friends are going on about Fresher's Week at their universities. I know one person also going to my uni but she's taking a different course. I'm not much of a party animal and have never been out "on the town" drinking or clubbing. I'm unsure whether it's worth buying the pass to the Fresher's event as it seems to be made up entirely of poor music and clubbing and is £55. I'm staying at home rather than halls so worry that because I don't go out drinking that I won't make many friends at University.

http://welcomeweek.mynsu.co.uk/
These are the planned events for my Fresher's Week.
Reply 1
Hi I feel quite similar to you. I am going to newcastle uni in September and I am living at home aswell.
The Newcastle freshers band is £65 but there seems to be more daytime activities and none clubbing activities. I think I am going to get one just to get to know people who will be on my course and just at the uni. So I would probably recommend getting one for that reason :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
Yes, you can have a good time at Freshers without drinking.
I'd say go for it... you may as well have fun while you can. If you don't like it well you can just add it to your life's experiences I guess :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending