The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Original post by stephh_elliott
ahh thank you :smile: can I apply even if I don't end up putting it as my firm or insurance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 801
In that case, hopefully my offer will show soon on UCAS so I can apply for accommodation.

(I got an offer through letter)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 802
ahh thank you :smile: can I apply even if I don't end up putting it as my firm or insurance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 803
Can you?? but I might not put it as my insurance either! I'm either going to firm it or Sheffield probably and Leicester is my insurance :/ will March be too late to apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well the initial date was the beginning of Dec, so March would be late! You only need to have an offer to apply!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iLayton
Well the initial date was the beginning of Dec, so March would be late! You only need to have an offer to apply!

Posted from TSR Mobile

My cousin didn't apply for accommodation for Birmingham until March/April time or even later! Weird that Birmingham application starts so early! All my others applications open in march or june or oncd you've accepted the offer!!
Reply 805
My cousin didn't apply for accommodation for Birmingham until March/April time or even later! Weird that Birmingham application starts so early! All my others applications open in march or june or oncd you've accepted the offer!!

Yeah, it is pretty early! Which course have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iLayton
Yeah, it is pretty early! Which course have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Geography :smile: trying to decide between Birmingham and Sheffield on firm choices :P what about you? :smile:
Reply 807
Geography :smile: trying to decide between Birmingham and Sheffield on firm choices :P what about you? :smile:

Ahh, nice! You can't really fault either of them tbh, they're both really good uni's and equally good cities. I have friends that go to both, and they all enjoy where they are... its just down to where you prefer more than anything! I've got an offer for Mechanical Engineering :smile:
Reply 808
Hi, sorry, I just want to clarify - I've applied for my accomodation at Birmingham, but haven't put it as my first choice yet, so will my application for accomodation still count at the minute? I have a post-offer open day later this month and was waiting until then to either put Birmingham or Leeds as my first choice!
Original post by iLayton
Ahh, nice! You can't really fault either of them tbh, they're both really good uni's and equally good cities. I have friends that go to both, and they all enjoy where they are... its just down to where you prefer more than anything! I've got an offer for Mechanical Engineering :smile:

Yeahh i think it's going to come down to how far away from home I want to be cuz birmingham is about 40 minutes but Sheffield is 2 hours! I love them both to be honest, just need a bit more time to think about it!! oh wow that's cool!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 810
Original post by ggwormald
Hi, sorry, I just want to clarify - I've applied for my accomodation at Birmingham, but haven't put it as my first choice yet, so will my application for accomodation still count at the minute? I have a post-offer open day later this month and was waiting until then to either put Birmingham or Leeds as my first choice!

Yeah, your application will still count, and you won't loose your place in the queue, they don't give out accomodation offers until the summer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 811
Yeahh i think it's going to come down to how far away from home I want to be cuz birmingham is about 40 minutes but Sheffield is 2 hours! I love them both to be honest, just need a bit more time to think about it!! oh wow that's cool!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I see what you mean! Birmingham is about 90 mins away from me, so it's quite a good distance! You have plenty if time to decide anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 812
Thanks! I've had an offer and I'm hoping to study Music there :smile:
Good luck with your exams!
Reply 813
Original post by ggwormald
Thanks! I've had an offer and I'm hoping to study Music there :smile:
Good luck with your exams!

Good stuff! Haha, I'm on a gap year so already have my grades :L good luck with yours though! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iLayton
Yeah, I see what you mean! Birmingham is about 90 mins away from me, so it's quite a good distance! You have plenty if time to decide anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that is a good distance!! not too close but not too far!! :P yeahh that's true :tongue: I'm going back to visit them all in February so hoping I will just know then which one I want to go to!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 815
Any medical science firmers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by silberkuhl
Mason looks so lovely! but i can't afford it :frown:
1. Tennis courts (ensuite)
2. Elgar court (ensuite)
3. Jarrat Hall (large)
4. Jarrat Hall (standard)
5. Oakley court (duplex)
6. Pritchatts house (duplex)
Maybe your maintenance loan or parents could help out? :redface: Ah oh well, tennis courts is fab! :biggrin: That's why its my 2nd choice :smile:
Anyone know when we apply for student finance?
I don't know if I am being stupid but how do I book an applicant day? :s
Original post by lucindaellaaa
I don't know if I am being stupid but how do I book an applicant day? :s

I believe they sent me an email once id got an offer in which there is a link that you can book I think :/ I can't remember precisely but I think that was how I did it!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending