Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I will be going into year 13 this September so really i should have decided what i want to study at uni already. But i'm debating between economics bsc and civil engineering and maybe even other courses if i find any that i like. My question is, with an Economics Bsc degree what jobs will i be able to apply for excluding any additional exams to an economics degree. I have read a lot on the internet but different websites contradict each other and i don't have a teacher or anyone that i could talk to right now, eg some websites say you can be an accountant or say financial advisor with an economics degree only whilst some say you need additional external exams for that. Please only tell me about jobs that a postgraduate economist will be able to apply for that you have heard from your professors, teachers etc. and not the internet as i don't want to rely on vague websites (ironic im posting this on the internet). Thank you all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Room4student)
    some websites say you can be an accountant or say financial advisor with an economics degree only whilst some say you need additional external exams for that.
    Yes that may be true for some professions i.e. accountancy you need to pass exams to become a chartered accountant.

However, economics opens the door to many other professions in the finance sector.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.