Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, never really posted on a forum. Need advice if possible. Was advised to join here today so...

Got A*A*A* in Biology, Chemistry and Maths & A in AS Further Maths at A Level and on a gap year right now.
    I don't have "good" GCSE's (Few As, mostly Bs) compared to other people.
    Would it be worth it to apply to Edinburgh Med School, just so i'm not wasting my choice or are their better choices where i would stand a better chance but are still similar to Edinburgh?

Is it true Edinburgh med school like to be seen as "1st Choice" in their applications therefore prefer those applicants, slightly?

What typical score have you guys seen successful applicants achieve on their UKCAT (not the minimum requirement for this school)?

Around what time is it optimum to submit my UCAS or what time do usually med applicants have their UCAS done?

Put Edinburgh in brackets in topic cos wanted to ask bout Oxbridge. Since GCSE's weren't great is their a high possibility that i'll be overlooked by Oxbridge?

Does Oxbridge tend for talented people (like GCSEs and Alevels of a certain standard) or people who put effort in even though they ain't "clever"?

P.S. I'm confident my PS is decent & got work exp covered - (i know tht this is comparing against other students but its a benchmark y'know).
    probs gonna be one of my last posts so... http://www.redcross.org.uk/Get-involved/Volunteer

Peace :hippie:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.