Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I got my AS results yesterday, and I got a D in the exam, while I was expecting full marks. I will appeal, but how is it possible to under mark someone that bad?! My GCSE AQA dt mark also had to be remarked, and it went up by 6 marks.

And the main bit-
    I was expecting near full marks in my coursework too, only to get a D. I know this has happened with AQA a few times, but is there anything that can be done? Basically the moderators reviewed our work, as our teachers are known for somewhat bad marking of coursework, so I assume we were all put back a couple of grades. But I don't know what to do now.

This is so annoying, has anyone been in a similar situation?
    And any advice for the coursework?

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm in this exact situation I got a really high B in the coursework which was one mark from an A and then end up getting something ridiculous like a U and a friend of mine got an E, I mean I understand if it was base on something hard, but it was a good paper and had injection & rotational moulding which I know like the back of my hand literally as we have practised drawing these a lot in class from the book set by AQA. When I did these diagrams I always got full marks so I'm astonished at this because I and my teacher were completely disappointed as we both was expecting atleast B's in the exam. It was also the subject I wasn't worried about doing bad in and then end up with a D overall, it has really thrown my plans because I don't know if I could cope with the pressure of failing especially after it being a 'good paper' in my eyes.
    Is AQA known for inaccurate marking? Because last year a friend of mine had her AQA business paper remarked and it turned out the D she got was actually a B as AQA had missed out an entire section , if that is anything to go by it's ridiculous how they can ruin someone's future like this and should really be taking extra care in getting people that will double check their work as it makes results day a day to dread for those that have worked hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayna)
    Hello, I'm in this exact situation I got a really high B in the coursework which was one mark from an A and then end up getting something ridiculous like a U and a friend of mine got an E, I mean I understand if it was base on something hard, but it was a good paper and had injection & rotational moulding which I know like the back of my hand literally as we have practised drawing these a lot in class from the book set by AQA. When I did these diagrams I always got full marks so I'm astonished at this because I and my teacher were completely disappointed as we both was expecting atleast B's in the exam. It was also the subject I wasn't worried about doing bad in and then end up with a D overall, it has really thrown my plans because I don't know if I could cope with the pressure of failing especially after it being a 'good paper' in my eyes.
    Is AQA known for inaccurate marking? Because last year a friend of mine had her AQA business paper remarked and it turned out the D she got was actually a B as AQA had missed out an entire section , if that is anything to go by it's ridiculous how they can ruin someone's future like this and should really be taking extra care in getting people that will double check their work as it makes results day a day to dread for those that have worked hard.
    Yes, I thought the exam was really easy too - to the point I expected full marks. I don't think AQA are known for bad marking as of such, but my GCSE DT was also significantly undermarked by AQA. I sure will be remarking, but still am unsure about how to get the coursework remarked. Do you know if the moderators checked your coursework?

ReputationRep:
    Bump

Posted from the TSR iPad app

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about Product Design (I took a half GCSE in it, but I don't remember with which board) but I recently received my results for Economics (which I sat with AQA) and I achieved a high C in one of my exams - However, I was sure I had gotten a Mid/High B in the exam as I was quite comfortable with it?

Maybe you should get it remarked? That's what I'm going to do. Good luck, sorry to hear that you were disappointed!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.