Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello I just accepted accommodation in Lancaster and i was wondering about the part time opportunities. I was just wondering if we will have enough time to work part time in Uni and how easy is it to get a part time job and how much does it pay?

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

You'll have to go for interviews - there will almost certainly be more students than jobs!

Your department might help you get them, and I think there's a full time staff member who helps with this too.

Student jobs will almost certainly pay between £5 and £10 an hour.

If you have a P/T job now in a chain, see if they can get you transferred.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I live near Lancaster, and there's quite a few jobs advertised around and about at the moment. Definitely take tour CV to Sainsbury's Supermarket in the city centre (there's a big one and a small one) and the Morrison's local store, and Booths Supermarket which is on the bus route to the uni, as i've seen these advertising recently. There are also A LOT of cafe's and restaurants which are worth asking at, and there are cleaning jobs. You'll have more chance of getting a job if you ask around as soon as you get here, because jobs are filled by students pretty fast.
    Also, consider any jobs offered by the uni. My sister got paid for being a mentor for widening participation schemes when she was studying there.

ReputationRep:
    I live in lancaster... A lot of retail jobs come up round September. River island is a good place to work for they take a lot of students on as Christmas temps and they get kept on anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's great! thanks guys!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.