Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've just used adjustment to get a place at Queen's for law, so excited!
    Was wondering who else is starting this course and what you're all most looking forward to.

ReputationRep:
    hey I'm starting law at queens in september too are you staying on campus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shannon95DL)
    hey I'm starting law at queens in september too are you staying on campus?
    Ya, obvs because of adjustment I've applied late but Elms is my first and second choice so hopefully I'll be in there. What about you? Do you know what building you're at yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfhurley)
    Ya, obvs because of adjustment I've applied late but Elms is my first and second choice so hopefully I'll be in there. What about you? Do you know what building you're at yet?
    yea I've accepted an offer for elms village, oak avenue 7 on the ground floor I'm starting to get nervous about the whole thing now lol

ReputationRep:
    Hey just got accepted into law at queens. Anyone else staying at elms?

ReputationRep:
    I'm nervous too but in a good way! Can't wait to go there and be in a new city but am a bit afraid they'll be cracking the whip from day one cos we're starting late in the month
    I think Elms is most people's first choice I've had no word from accommodation yet. Are ye two from Ireland or mainland Britain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erinn95)
    Hey just got accepted into law at queens. Anyone else staying at elms?
    yea I'm staying in elms, oak avenue 7 what building are you in?

ReputationRep:
    I'm nervous too but in a good way! Can't wait to go there and be in a new city but am a bit afraid they'll be cracking the whip from day one cos we're starting late in the month
    I think Elms is most people's first choice I've had no word from accommodation yet. Are ye two from Ireland or mainland Britain?
    well hopefully we'll get to relax for the freshers week yea I'm from Ireland, donegal to be exact

ReputationRep:
    yea I'm staying in elms, oak avenue 7 what building are you in?
    Im in block 7 of Chestnut Crescent I think, can't wait for Freshers to start! And I'm from Co Down in Northern Ireland

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erinn95)
    Im in block 7 of Chestnut Crescent I think, can't wait for Freshers to start! And I'm from Co Down in Northern Ireland
    aw right, yea I'm the same hope it lives up to the expectations your not too far from home then

ReputationRep:
    I'm coming over from Leeds but grew up in Galway. Hopefully I'll get the accommodation email soon! Think mainland brits get a guarantee for housing so I won't be in a box anyways. Did either of you two spring for the en suite rooms?

ReputationRep:
    I'm coming over from Leeds but grew up in Galway. Hopefully I'll get the accommodation email soon! Think mainland brits get a guarantee for housing so I won't be in a box anyways. Did either of you two spring for the en suite rooms?
    Yeah I think you's do so you will be fine with accommodation I just applied for a standard because of the price difference and stories I've heard about the en suites but I'm really regretting it now! I'd say its too late for me to change now. Did you get an en suite?

ReputationRep:
    yea you'll get in somewhere naw just went for a standard

ReputationRep:
    I went for en suite cos I like showering on a morning and hate queues ha. Thought it'd be worth a bit extra. If the en suite is grotty when I show up I'll complain cos obvs if I'm paying like £20 more I want something decent ha.

ReputationRep:
    I went for en suite cos I like showering on a morning and hate queues ha. Thought it'd be worth a bit extra. If the en suite is grotty when I show up I'll complain cos obvs if I'm paying like £20 more I want something decent ha.
    yea might as well get your moneys worth :L

ReputationRep:
    yea might as well get your moneys worth :L
    The rent is so high though! Jordanstown do en suite rooms for £85. But I suppose we get a tv licence and a common room.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'll be studying law in September too! so excited! Just got my accommodation offer today I'm in Rowan Gardens block 4 en-suite ! Anyone else? so lucky as so many of my friends have been placed in single sex, quiet living and non-alcoholic without an en suite which they are not happy about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenck94)
    Hey! I'll be studying law in September too! so excited! Just got my accommodation offer British'm in Rowan Gardens block 4 en-suite ! Anyone else? so lucky as so many of my friends have been placed in single sex, quiet living and non-alcoholic without an en suite which they are not happy about.
    Am worried now! Are your friends from the north? Hopefully they reserved some good rooms for us overseas/mainland British students cos we're coming from so far away!

ReputationRep:
    The rent is so high though! Jordanstown do en suite rooms for £85. But I suppose we get a tv licence and a common room.
    yea it is pretty high thats why I went for standard if you get a shared house next year its far cheaper so the costs won't be as bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenck94)
    Hey! I'll be studying law in September too! so excited! Just got my accommodation offer today I'm in Rowan Gardens block 4 en-suite ! Anyone else? so lucky as so many of my friends have been placed in single sex, quiet living and non-alcoholic without an en suite which they are not happy about.
    I'm in oak07 not that far from rowan gardens

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.