Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Well, not in my family, but in my gf's family.

I met my gf whilst at a sport club lunch. I get on with her sisters well enough, however one of them is divorced (has been for 10 years) and seems now to be on the hunt. thing is, i think it's me she wants.

it's essentially built up from small talk/in-law relations, and now i feel weird at family gatherings since she makes a beeline to speak to me and flirt. she doesn't overly flirt so my gf doesn't suspect, but i think she wants to date me.

the thing is, i admit she is pretty and not as my gf is. i know that may seem biased, but mr gf has long hair and her sis has short hair and i don't find short hair attractive. that said, i will never cheat on my gf, but i don't want to cause any friction in her family because of this. their mum died about a year ago, and their dad is sick so this is something not needed really.

ReputationRep:
    Avoid her as much as possible, when she talks to you keep the conversation short and formal so she doesn't have a chance to get close to you.
    That said, are you sure she's not just trying to be friendly and get to know you, as you are a big part of her sister's life?

ReputationRep:
    She might just be being friendly? I would carry on with things as normal for now, and if she seems to be getting very interested in you then your suspicions may have been confirmed! In this case a confrontation might not be a good idea, but I would suggest talking to your gf about it. Be sure that she is not just being friendly though, as this could cause an argument. I would wait a bit and see what feels right x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2013
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.