The Student Room Group

Audiology - September 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zoelizabeth
I'm not sure. I guess it's like any other job, you get better wages as you become more experienced, take on more responsibilities, and use your skills efficiently. You obviously need to be a good employee to get a promotion anyway. There will be webpages out there about how to get promotions.

Yeah. I think with audio you start off in the £20,00-24,000. You think it's a really good job with a lot of potential to go higher?
Reply 321
Hi guys I'm resitting as a private candidate do university's accept that for audiology? or will it be harder for me to get in?
Original post by sumzzz
Hi guys I'm resitting as a private candidate do university's accept that for audiology? or will it be harder for me to get in?

It should be the same , Im applying as an external student as I'm retaking some A2 modules, what university are you hoping to go to :smile:
Reply 323
Original post by haseebi82
It should be the same , Im applying as an external student as I'm retaking some A2 modules, what university are you hoping to go to :smile:

Im hoping to get into Leeds, what A2 grades did you get? And which uni do you want to go to?
Original post by sumzzz
Im hoping to get into Leeds, what AS grades di you get?

I got a ABB in the subjects I carried to A2 which were, psychology,biology and chemistry and same I'm applying to Leeds aswell, are you going to do the access scheme
Reply 325
I got a ABB in the subjects I carried to A2 which were, psychology,biology and chemistry and same I'm applying to Leeds aswell, are you going to do the access scheme

I meant what did you get in A2 :colondollar: if I get in then yeah I want to do the access program :smile: and that's amazing set of grades!
Original post by sumzzz
I meant what did you get in A2 :colondollar: if I get in then yeah I want to do the access program :smile: and that's amazing set of grades!

lol, A2 a different story I came out with BCD what about you, I'm planning on resiting all of them.
Reply 327
lol, A2 a different story I came out with BCD what about you, I'm planning on resiting all of them.

better than me I got CCD lol, im planning to resit all of A2 psychology and chemistry and only 1 unit in biology :smile:
Original post by sumzzz
better than me I got CCD lol, im planning to resit all of A2 psychology and chemistry and only 1 unit in biology :smile:

were near enough doing the same thing lol, I'm retaking unit 4 psychology, and all of A2 for chemistry and biology, how did your a2 biology go and are you doing aqa psychology
Reply 329
were near enough doing the same thing lol, I'm retaking unit 4 psychology, and all of A2 for chemistry and biology, how did your a2 biology go and are you doing aqa psychology

In biology unit 4 I got C and unit 5 I got a B do I want to resit the C in hope for a B overall :redface: yes I did aqa for psychology and unit 4 research method was TERRIBLE :s-smilie:
Original post by sumzzz
In biology unit 4 I got C and unit 5 I got a B do I want to resit the C in hope for a B overall :redface: yes I did aqa for psychology and unit 4 research method was TERRIBLE :s-smilie:

I did way worse, i got a e in unit 4 and d in unit 5, dont know how that happened as i liked unit 4 and yeah psycho unit 4 was so bad, if you need help like example essay for unit 3 psycho just ask that was the only a2 exam i did well in lol i got 95/100 ums, how do you revise for biology :smile:
Reply 331
I did way worse, i got a e in unit 4 and d in unit 5, dont know how that happened as i liked unit 4 and yeah psycho unit 4 was so bad, if you need help like example essay for unit 3 psycho just ask that was the only a2 exam i did well in lol i got 95/100 ums, how do you revise for biology :smile:

inbox:smile:

Did you do aqa physcology a2?
Original post by Student23478
Did you do aqa physcology a2?

Yeah I Did :smile:
Yeah I Did :smile:

In boxed you :smile:
Lol just looked on manchester they still looking for people who applied in 2014 year. Looks like they will take any average decent grades lol

guys don't be mistaken audiology went quite quickly this year! those uni's in UCAS are not updated. De montford was full but on UCAS they were still there for Clearing. De montford only took BBB no less. Southampton went to ABB instead of AAB and middlesex wanted an interview if your UCAS points were enough
Original post by GEEKHELP
guys don't be mistaken audiology went quite quickly this year! those uni's in UCAS are not updated. De montford was full but on UCAS they were still there for Clearing. De montford only took BBB no less. Southampton went to ABB instead of AAB and middlesex wanted an interview if your UCAS points were enough

Wb aston?
Wb aston?

They were looking for ABB I believe and they filled up quicker than Southampton/de montford when looking at UCAS clearing page. Basically the universities did not lower their grades except Southampton who went to ABB from AAB
Original post by GEEKHELP
They were looking for ABB I believe and they filled up quicker than Southampton/de montford when looking at UCAS clearing page. Basically the universities did not lower their grades except Southampton who went to ABB from AAB

So did a lot of the Uni go through clearing?
So did a lot of the Uni go through clearing?

do you mean universities in general? or just those that do audiology? either way yes a lot of uni's go through clearing. For audiology I think all of them went through clearing but some filled up mega fast while others took a couple of days and even a week or more

Quick Reply