10.20%
    No
    83.67%
    What's a subject?
    6.12%

ReputationRep:
    Not in my case. They can **** RIGHT OFF

ReputationRep:
    I am a good sheep. The royal family has ruled this land for 1000 years after getting lucky and winning a battle meaning that they completely own me because that's how it works.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, the royal family works as a tourist trap for our benefit, their gilded cage is of our making now.

ReputationRep:
    We are subjects of the Monarch, not their family.

ReputationRep:
    I consider myself a knight of the long and ostentatious dining table :/

ReputationRep:
    Literally never even thought about it

ReputationRep:
    I don't care about them to be honest.

All this **** about the royal baby was *******s. Like I care about some baby I don't know lol..

Sort of, but only in a sort of jokey way. It doesn't really mean anything anymore.

ReputationRep:
      Richard the Lionheart: Renowned for his sharp intelligence, and military leadership. Led the third crusade, fighting his way to the gates of Jerusalem (with a few less than excusable massacres on the way). Led all his battles from the front. Ended up in a draw with Saladin. Returned to defeat a revolt by his brother John, forgiving him and naming him as his heir. Remembered as one of the greatest monarchs and generals who ever lived.

Edit: Also a tax-hungry b*****d.

Prince William: Flew a helicopter over Snowdonia. Has a baby.

Ok, maybe a little unfair, but the monarchy isn't exactly what it used to be. I reckon the public should fund the occasional assasination and challenge to the throne by a noble family, if we're going to maintain 'traditions'.

ReputationRep:
      I have nothing at all against the Royal family. However I would like to see the monarchy abolished. I think it is a shame that we have a primitive system of government in this day and age.

ReputationRep:
      No. I don't. Even if were, what would it affect?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Octohedral)
      Richard the Lionheart: Renowned for his sharp intelligence, and military leadership. Led the third crusade, fighting his way to the gates of Jerusalem (with a few less than excusable massacres on the way). Led all his battles from the front. Ended up in a draw with Saladin. Returned to defeat a revolt by his brother John, forgiving him and naming him as his heir. Remembered as one of the greatest monarchs and generals who ever lived.
      And that same king regarded England as a colony to tax the **** out of to fund his adventures across the world. So in short nothing's changed.

ReputationRep:
      Er, no way.

ReputationRep:
      The Royals :love: They work soooo hard :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by BefuddledPenguin)
      Nah, the royal family works as a tourist trap for our benefit, their gilded cage is of our making now.
      Good answer.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Moosferatu)
      And that same king regarded England as a colony to tax the **** out of to fund his adventures across the world. So in short nothing's changed.
      Edited

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Octohedral)
      Edited
      I like it.

ReputationRep:
      Yes but they want less responsibilities now there is ever talk about the monarchy dissapearing which is funny because once you want something to go people will take it off you very quickly without hesitation. I don't see why they would do that.

ReputationRep:
      No I don't and haven't understood this obsession with them. The only people I know that seem to love them are pensioners and hooligans of Rangers FC. I also don't buy into the whole thing about tourism dying if they become extinct either.

ReputationRep:
      I want to keep the monarchy but regard myself as a British citizen

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 21, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.