Do you regard yourself as being a "subject" of the Royal Family?

Watch
Poll: Are you a "subject" of the royal family
Yes (5)
10.2%
No (41)
83.67%
What's a subject? (3)
6.12%
Dude Where's My Username
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Not in my case. They can **** RIGHT OFF
peter12345
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am a good sheep. The royal family has ruled this land for 1000 years after getting lucky and winning a battle meaning that they completely own me because that's how it works.
BefuddledPenguin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nah, the royal family works as a tourist trap for our benefit, their gilded cage is of our making now.
Hannibal Lecter
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We are subjects of the Monarch, not their family.
AwsomePossum
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I consider myself a knight of the long and ostentatious dining table :/
RalphsDisciple
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Literally never even thought about it
c.a1979
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't care about them to be honest.

All this **** about the royal baby was *******s. Like I care about some baby I don't know lol..
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 7 years ago
Sort of, but only in a sort of jokey way. It doesn't really mean anything anymore.
Octohedral
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Richard the Lionheart: Renowned for his sharp intelligence, and military leadership. Led the third crusade, fighting his way to the gates of Jerusalem (with a few less than excusable massacres on the way). Led all his battles from the front. Ended up in a draw with Saladin. Returned to defeat a revolt by his brother John, forgiving him and naming him as his heir. Remembered as one of the greatest monarchs and generals who ever lived.

Edit: Also a tax-hungry b*****d.

Prince William: Flew a helicopter over Snowdonia. Has a baby.

Ok, maybe a little unfair, but the monarchy isn't exactly what it used to be. I reckon the public should fund the occasional assasination and challenge to the throne by a noble family, if we're going to maintain 'traditions'.
King Kebab
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have nothing at all against the Royal family. However I would like to see the monarchy abolished. I think it is a shame that we have a primitive system of government in this day and age.
tohaaaa
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No. I don't. Even if were, what would it affect?
Moosferatu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Octohedral)
Richard the Lionheart: Renowned for his sharp intelligence, and military leadership. Led the third crusade, fighting his way to the gates of Jerusalem (with a few less than excusable massacres on the way). Led all his battles from the front. Ended up in a draw with Saladin. Returned to defeat a revolt by his brother John, forgiving him and naming him as his heir. Remembered as one of the greatest monarchs and generals who ever lived.
And that same king regarded England as a colony to tax the **** out of to fund his adventures across the world. So in short nothing's changed.
Alexandra's Box
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Er, no way.
Ripper-Roo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The Royals :love: They work soooo hard :daydreaming:
Dr Pesto
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BefuddledPenguin)
Nah, the royal family works as a tourist trap for our benefit, their gilded cage is of our making now.
Good answer.
Octohedral
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Moosferatu)
And that same king regarded England as a colony to tax the **** out of to fund his adventures across the world. So in short nothing's changed.
Edited
Moosferatu
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Octohedral)
Edited
I like it.
username2769500
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes but they want less responsibilities now there is ever talk about the monarchy dissapearing which is funny because once you want something to go people will take it off you very quickly without hesitation. I don't see why they would do that.
ScottishBrexitor
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No I don't and haven't understood this obsession with them. The only people I know that seem to love them are pensioners and hooligans of Rangers FC. I also don't buy into the whole thing about tourism dying if they become extinct either.
username2965904
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I want to keep the monarchy but regard myself as a British citizen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (45)
15.1%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (95)
31.88%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (38)
12.75%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (26)
8.72%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.7%
I think it's an unfair expectation (74)
24.83%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.01%

Watched Threads