ReputationRep:
    I'm a new member here, so I thought it'd be a good idea to pop into this forum and introduce myself!
    I'm Chris! I'm twenty-one, and will be beginning a foundation degree (and eventually a full BSc) in Computing Solutions (Networks) at Colchester Institute. I spent most of my childhood being taught at home, so this will be my first real attempt at mainstream education. Panic!!

I spend most of my time fiddling with my various websites, or promoting my small PC servicing business. Yipee! Otherwise you'll probably catch me in the pub, or tangled up in a mess of wires whilst tinkering with my assortment of gadgets (think batman, but chubbier and perpetually poor!).

Hobbies include reading (Anything to do with an end-of-the-world scenario is brilliant... Although it's impossible to dislike a bit of fantasy or satire!), creative writing, tinkering with computers and programming (currently learning C, already have proficiency in HTML, CSS, and AS2).

Anywho, I'm rambling a bit... but hello all!
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Reporter Team
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Hiya welcome to TSR
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Hey, welcome What area are you hoping to really get yourself into?

ReputationRep:
    Hi

ReputationRep:
    hi welcome to TSR

ReputationRep:
    Hey and Welcome! :bl::bl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    Hey, welcome What area are you hoping to really get yourself into?
    Thanks for the friendly welcome, guys!

Really, at the moment I'm looking into Network administration - but I guess I won't really know what particular area sparks my interest until I've really had some proper study-time with all sides of computing! If it wasn't for the ridiculous 3 year renewal on CCNA and the CompTIA certs, I would have already gone for them - but I think until I've got a job in the field in which certification is required, I think it's a waste of money at the moment!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.