Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got my AS results back few days ago.

It was History A, Economics A, Geography A, Biology B and Thinking Skills - which I think not really necessary, B

Considering the UMS of my results, my predicted grades are likely to be A*A*A

I am planning to apply for International Relations in LSE, reflecting my results, do I have a chance of being accepted?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you have a chance.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see a reason to why you won't be considered a good candidate assuming you have a decent set of GCSEs and have a good personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkPeople)
    I don't see a reason to why you won't be considered a good candidate assuming you have a decent set of GCSEs and have a good personal statement.
    Thank you for replying. Plus, my GCSEs were fine. 7A* 2A and 1C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jam')
    Yes, you have a chance.
    Thank you for replying.

ReputationRep:
    You have a great chance at LSE

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to ask a similar question considering my own grades. I got 4 As at AS but for GCSEs I got 4 As, 4Bs, 2Cs and a D... I'm considering to apply for International Relations/Government/Politics & Philosophy. Will my GCSEs put me at a serious disadvantage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yws0212)
    I got my AS results back few days ago.

It was History A, Economics A, Geography A, Biology B and Thinking Skills - which I think not really necessary, B

Considering the UMS of my results, my predicted grades are likely to be A*A*A

I am planning to apply for International Relations in LSE, reflecting my results, do I have a chance of being accepted?
    Dude, last year I had AAC for my AS results.
    I got into LSE to read IR this year with A*A*AA.
    So yeah, your chances are pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you have a perfectly good chance to get into LSE.

I was expecting you to have like B's and C's as most of the people asking 'can I get into so and so prestigious university?' are usually achieving below what those unis are asking. But no, yours look like a good set and there's no reason why you can't

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm jumping on the band wagon! I already have my results - A* Geography, A* Fine Art, A History (C Physics, but we don't mention that bahahaha). I want to apply for Government and History, do you think I stand a chance? I know what LSE are like about 'soft' subjects, and I only got an A in the subject I'm actually applying for... That looks bad, right?
    Thankssss

ReputationRep:
    I just read that post back, and it sounds unbelievably shallow. I should add that I got A*AC first time round, and did Geography this year, making it A*A*AC, so it's not as shiny as it looks!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wild_eyes)
    Hey guys, I'm jumping on the band wagon! I already have my results - A* Geography, A* Fine Art, A History (C Physics, but we don't mention that bahahaha). I want to apply for Government and History, do you think I stand a chance? I know what LSE are like about 'soft' subjects, and I only got an A in the subject I'm actually applying for... That looks bad, right?
    Thankssss
    (Original post by wild_eyes)
    I just read that post back, and it sounds unbelievably shallow. I should add that I got A*AC first time round, and did Geography this year, making it A*A*AC, so it's not as shiny as it looks!
    LSE is not the biggest fan 'soft' subjects, but you have an A* in a traditional subject (Geography), so you meet the standard offer requirement of A*AA/AAA with ease. With a good PS, decent GCSEs and a strong reference, I don't see why you won't stand a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arrowhead)
    LSE is not the biggest fan 'soft' subjects, but you have an A* in a traditional subject (Geography), so you meet the standard offer requirement of A*AA/AAA with ease. With a good PS, decent GCSEs and a strong reference, I don't see why you won't stand a chance.
    Ace, that's reassuring! Thanks My GCSEs are 7A*s and 4As, so that should be ok. I'm applying to Oxford, too, so I'm a little worried that they won't like my PS, though haha!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.