Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Law yesterday afternoon and they said they'd get back to me tonight, but so far haven't heard anything. Has anyone got an offer for Law (or any other subject) through adjustment tonight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasllf)
    I applied for Law yesterday afternoon and they said they'd get back to me tonight, but so far haven't heard anything. Has anyone got an offer for Law (or any other subject) through adjustment tonight?

I applied for history and spanish and also haven't heard anything yet. Do you know how we will find out if we have/haven't got it?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, sorry this reply is late -- TSR only sent me an e-mail saying someone had replied a minute ago. I phoned on Thursday afternoon and was told I would probably find out on Friday (and by the latest Monday) via e-mail, but I received no response. I suppose it will be Monday. Do you know how the adjustment deadline works on UCAS? It says I have until August the 20th to find an eligible course: Does this mean I have until this time to find out if I have been accepted on to another course, or do I have until this time to find out if I have been accepted on to another course as well as being released by my firm and then accepting Durham's offer? I'm not sure the 5 day time limit will have been enough if the latter is true seeing as I lost 2 days because of the weekend...UCAS is very confusing in their wording... I guess I'll be phoning Durham on Monday whether they send me an e-mail or not; I need to know what's happening! Let me know how it goes, and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, yeh I'm guessing we'll find out tomorrow.. I'm really not sure! I presume the deadline is for the uni to contact UCAS letting them know they have offered you a place :/ Yeh I'm going to phone tomorrow to just find out, not great seeing as durham said they'd be open during the weekend but clearly aren't! THanks, good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I've adjusted to Durham too. I believe in several subjects Durham is collecting all the applications together first, before making a decision in many subjects, so it might be early next week before the applications are reviewed and decisions made.
    Phone them on monday morning to check about whether/when they'll make a decision

ReputationRep:
    Hey, do you know who is best to call? As I've tried the undergraduate admissions number quite a few times yet it's always gone straight to voicemail?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LNH10)
    Hey, do you know who is best to call? As I've tried the undergraduate admissions number quite a few times yet it's always gone straight to voicemail?
    I got through on the vacancy hotline- 0191 334 0740 https://www.dur.ac.uk/undergraduate/...rentvacancies/
    it took me 2 hours to get through last week- they're very busy!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I applied for adjustment at Durham too... Apparently we're going to get an email tonight if we have a place, not particularly useful seeing as my adjustment period runs out tomorrow! But yeah apparently if you don't get an email by the end of tonight you're unlikely to have got a place...

ReputationRep:
    Ah thank you, I'll try that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misslucyharries)
    Hey, I applied for adjustment at Durham too... Apparently we're going to get an email tonight if we have a place, not particularly useful seeing as my adjustment period runs out tomorrow! But yeah apparently if you don't get an email by the end of tonight you're unlikely to have got a place...
    Hey, yeah I was told the same thing basically. My adjustment time runs out at like 11:20am tomorrow... I was told by the guy on the vacancy hotline that Durham update their systems at 12:45pm and 5:45pm daily. I was also told that they should have all their offers out by tomorrow at the very, very latest and that if they do make an offer and your adjustment time has run out that they can sometimes phone UCAS and sort it out. I guess we'll just have to wait!

ReputationRep:
    So I guess check your e-mail from 5:45pm onward! I think, even though they said their systems update at 5:45, that it could be longer before you get an e-mail. Especially if the e-mail is going to be from UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I applied for history through adjustment and I was just wondering if anyone here's heard anything yet? All this waiting is killing me!

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Law and I haven't heard anything.. Could be tomorrow.. but my adjustment time period expires tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    hi has anyone heard yet? im waiting for the email this evening too for english and education studies

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I've also applied through adjustment and on UCAS Track it says that my offer to study BA Criminology is already confirmed...does that mean I'm definitely in??

I assume so, because they've already declined my other York offer for me! Haha, but yeah, I'm a bit confused as to what happens now? I have no idea what to do, because I've received no emails or anything about accommodation or how to apply or how anything works!!

Is there like a student portal on the website?

Any help would be very appreciated thank youuuu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jlz17)
    Hey everyone,

I've also applied through adjustment and on UCAS Track it says that my offer to study BA Criminology is already confirmed...does that mean I'm definitely in??

I assume so, because they've already declined my other York offer for me! Haha, but yeah, I'm a bit confused as to what happens now? I have no idea what to do, because I've received no emails or anything about accommodation or how to apply or how anything works!!

Is there like a student portal on the website?

Any help would be very appreciated thank youuuu
    Hello! Well done on your offer! If your York offer is showing declined, and the status box says something like 'your place at durham for xxx is confirmed', then congrats, it's confirmed that you're in!

Over the next few weeks you should received confirmation from the college you've been allocated- I'm not sure when this could happen though! I'm going on an august applicants open day tomorrow, so I'll ask a few questions and hopefully know a bit more about what's going on!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I just received an email from an adjustment hotline assistant from Durham saying there were no more places, so I'm guessing you'll find out for definite whether you have a place or not today

ReputationRep:
    Well there is another thread on Durham clearing here we we verbally offered via clearing and after releasing our reserve we then got rejected :eek: we now have no university and none suitable available. It seems there is a high disconnect in their admissions process - my daughter now has to go back to school for a year as we can't find a relent job and she will apply with her grades for 2014.

ReputationRep:
    Released the alternative with nothing in writing or on TRACK?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evening sunrise)
    Released the alternative with nothing in writing or on TRACK?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A friend of hers got a verbal offer released his uni and all ok same time so we had an expectation that admissions offering a place meant she had an offer of a place.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.