Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Anyone commuting next year?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Ryancpwhite
I'm driving from Maidstone to the uni of Kent campus, I hope that my social life will not be affected from living off campus

I was talking to someone the other day, and it turned out they had commuted to Kent Uni as well. They said that they didn't miss out on the social life at all by not living on campus, so it was quite reassuring to hear it from someone who had been in the same situation themselves :smile: I think as long as we're willing to put the effort in then it shouldn't be too much of a problem!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
How's everyone feeling commuting to the university?
Original post by Steph_2411
I was talking to someone the other day, and it turned out they had commuted to Kent Uni as well. They said that they didn't miss out on the social life at all by not living on campus, so it was quite reassuring to hear it from someone who had been in the same situation themselves :smile: I think as long as we're willing to put the effort in then it shouldn't be too much of a problem!

I live in Maidstone and start uni in september, I will be commuting to Canterbury :smile:
Original post by Steph_2411
When I was driving to school I had to pay £3 a day to park, so I'm very happy to pay £20 or anything in that region - every little helps and all that! I've heard that it's basically impossible to find a parking space unless you get to the uni by about 9am - is this true then?

Hi Steph,

Most of the parking on campus goes to staff, this means that between 9am - 5pm it can be very busy. There is the overflow carparking in Parkwood, and the parking permits come with a 'park and ride' pass which gets you from parkwood to central campus on the coaches that run there.

Kind regards,

Aaron

Recruitment & Marketing
Reply 24
I would suggest that if you commute or not you should try to join a society or sports clubs. Joining these is the best way to make friends and can really enhance your uni experience, otherwise you may find yourself with fairly limited in chances to meet people.
Reply 25
I'm going to be commuting from Dover, what is this about subsidised bus passes? I was thinking about getting the train but I will definitely consider the getting a bus pass at the right price.
Original post by hildyholly
I'm going to be studying English and American Literature, I think driving in would give me a bit more freedom with my time but I will have to look into getting a parking permit, but if not the campus bus definitely looks like a good idea.

I'm studying English and American literature :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how long of a walk it is from the campus to a train station? Also do students get special train rates?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by KirstBarlow
Does anyone know how long of a walk it is from the campus to a train station? Also do students get special train rates?

Posted from TSR Mobile

From the Canterbury campus it is a around a 20 minute walk to Canterbury West station which is the closest. There is no special train rate but you can buy a rail card which saves 1/3 every journey.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sajerz
From the Canterbury campus it is a around a 20 minute walk to Canterbury West station which is the closest. There is no special train rate but you can buy a rail card which saves 1/3 every journey.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! This really helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by University of Kent
Hi Steph,

Most of the parking on campus goes to staff, this means that between 9am - 5pm it can be very busy. There is the overflow carparking in Parkwood, and the parking permits come with a 'park and ride' pass which gets you from parkwood to central campus on the coaches that run there.

Kind regards,

Aaron

Recruitment & Marketing

Hi

Is it normally possible to find a space in Parkwood? How long does it take to walk from there to the main campus?

Thanks.
Hi,

It is usually fine and I never have trouble parking at the sports pavilion if everywhere else is busy. It is around a 15min walk from both Parkwood and the sports pavilion to central campus.

Kind regards

University of Kent

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending