Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well, I posted yesterday worried about a similar thing, but I'd just like to be sure. I found yesterday that I unfortunately did not get the grades to get into my first choice, however, on UCAS, I found out that they had already accepted me as an unconditional firm. But looking today, I've found that most people have already been contacted by the Uni about Accommodation and such, whereas I've only gotten the letter of confirmation in the post from UCAS, and the Confirmation on the Track Part of the Website. What worried me even more is that I just logged onto the University Website to track the accommodation process, and an automated message told me that they'll get in touch when they're certain my application has been accepted. Does this mean UCAS has made a mistake and that there's still a chance of the University revoking the offer? Track hasn't changed, and I received the letter in the post this morning saying I'd been accepted. But I'm still unsure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kris.Vrah)
    Well, I posted yesterday worried about a similar thing, but I'd just like to be sure. I found yesterday that I unfortunately did not get the grades to get into my first choice, however, on UCAS, I found out that they had already accepted me as an unconditional firm. But looking today, I've found that most people have already been contacted by the Uni about Accommodation and such, whereas I've only gotten the letter of confirmation in the post from UCAS, and the Confirmation on the Track Part of the Website. What worried me even more is that I just logged onto the University Website to track the accommodation process, and an automated message told me that they'll get in touch when they're certain my application has been accepted. Does this mean UCAS has made a mistake and that there's still a chance of the University revoking the offer? Track hasn't changed, and I received the letter in the post this morning saying I'd been accepted. But I'm still unsure.
    You're panicking over nothing. They are overloaded. You may be a day behind some of the other applicants if they had to spend longer deciding to take you, for example. You have two forms of confirmation. Chill.

ReputationRep:
    It's more that I've not heard anything from the Uni themselves, just UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    It's more that I've not heard anything from the Uni themselves, just UCAS.
    That may be all you get for a while anyway.

ReputationRep:
    They will have accepted people who got the grades on Sunday - then sorted out their packs ready to go

They will then have spent Monday-Wednesday looking at all the people who missed and discussing them - you may not have been chosen until late Wednesday afternoon

Hence a delay in your pack

ReputationRep:
    They will have accepted people who got the grades on Sunday - then sorted out their packs ready to go

They will then have spent Monday-Wednesday looking at all the people who missed and discussing them - you may not have been chosen until late Wednesday afternoon

Hence a delay in your pack
    Hopefully, but UCAS is telling me my Offer was approved on the 11th. I'll give it a bit of time, certainly hope that there aren't any problems.

ReputationRep:
    All of the above. ^^ Ooops, all of what Ten said.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.