Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I will be coming to Roehampton next month and living in the accommodation at Whitelands but I am not sure if I should bring my car. If you know what the parking is like close to the university please let me know how you find it. I wouldn't mind having to park a short walk away but as far as I can tell there is quite a lot of parking available on the streets around the university. It would be cheaper and easier for me to bring my car as everything is already paid for the rest of the year so there is no extra expense in bringing it. Also if you are already at Roehampton do you think having a car there is useful?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by br24)
    I will be coming to Roehampton next month and living in the accommodation at Whitelands but I am not sure if I should bring my car. If you know what the parking is like close to the university please let me know how you find it. I wouldn't mind having to park a short walk away but as far as I can tell there is quite a lot of parking available on the streets around the university. It would be cheaper and easier for me to bring my car as everything is already paid for the rest of the year so there is no extra expense in bringing it. Also if you are already at Roehampton do you think having a car there is useful?
    I'm exactly the same! Don't want to leave my car at home I'm staying in Froebel!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luw6)
    I'm exactly the same! Don't want to leave my car at home I'm staying in Froebel!
    Sell it, i'm selling mine don't really need a car when your in London and there isn't any travelling to lectures etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Watzon22)
    Sell it, i'm selling mine don't really need a car when your in London and there isn't any travelling to lectures etc
    I live on the outskirts of London. But i'm doing primary ed which involves travelling around on placement. I would probably find it easier driving home then having to get a number of different trains home. Plus I have a job whilst I'm at university.

ReputationRep:
    I feel very protective of my car haha. I am going to be driving up the country to visit friends and family too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luw6)
    I feel very protective of my car haha. I am going to be driving up the country to visit friends and family too
    haha ye i'm definitely going to miss it, can't afford it tho how you going to pay for petrol insurance etc?

ReputationRep:
    haha ye i'm definitely going to miss it, can't afford it tho how you going to pay for petrol insurance etc?
    I will be working still so I pay for my petrol and mot etc. and my parents are my paying for my insurance until I'm out of uni. I think i will just leave it at home and then atleast I know it's safe and sound.

ReputationRep:
    I mean you can bring your care if you want to, you wont be able to park in Whitelands but there are roads outside of Whitelands where you can leave it for free of charge obviously. Its up to you whether you want to leave it on the unprotected road sorta thing.
    If you drove up to the main campus you can park just outside of campus on the road which is also free of charge and can park in Digby from 7 or 8pm until 8am I think.

I was a first year so im going into my second year now and one of my flatmates had her car for the last few months of uni and it was so much easier going to asda and kingston without having to catch a bus, especially if you have all your shopping.

I mean its up to you, you could always try a few weeks without it and see how much you'd use it around uni

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.