Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For a student who has already received their A2 results and applies (during a gap year) to a university; assuming the student has met the entry requirements stated, will they certainly receive an unconditional offer?
    Or does it still depend upon Personal Statement/ Interview etc that would be used to judge someone with only predicted grades.

[Must point out this is not me - merely wondering]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceUpsb)
    For a student who has already received their A2 results and applies (during a gap year) to a university; assuming the student has met the entry requirements stated, will they certainly receive an unconditional offer?
    Or does it still depend upon Personal Statement/ Interview etc that would be used to judge someone with only predicted grades.

It depends. Any university that doesn't interview would probably accept you straight away, however the ones that DO interview certainly wouldn't let you out of it. You'd have to interview too, and if you didn't do well at interview you might not get an offer.

ReputationRep:

It depends. Some universities like to interview people. Personally, I got 4 unconditionals and one conditional - and the terms of the conditional were that I send proof of my grades to the university.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:

For most universities it still depends upon your personal statement, reference, interview etc. The importance of each of these factors varies between different universities and courses.

If they then decide to give you an offer then it most likely will be unconditional if you already meet all of their requirements (sometimes they'll make it a conditional offer until they've seen proof of your qualifications).

ReputationRep:
    I need to hijack this thread, sorry OP.

I got less than predicted grades due to some extremely strange coursework circumstances meaning I didn't get ABB which I was relying no to apply to my courses.

I got DBB, but I'm taking the A2 Economics (Got a B for AS but didn't continue) and I reckon I can get a B.

With this established, will I be able to apply to ABB courses (with my grades) and let them know I'm doing A2 eco? Will I get ABB conditionals or do you think it'll be possible to get some BBB offers. (Unless this mess with my coursework gets turned around, I don't think I can get an A).

What the flippin hell do I do ? I can't retake my coursework as I will be in Australia. (U in the coursework, teacher fired for negligence, 120/120 UMS for the exam)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.