Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, what should I take to university with me?

ReputationRep:
    ...whatever you need?

Main things to make sure you have is bedding, enough clothes, various kitchen equipment, your laptop, books for uni etc

Bring some food in case you don't get chance to do a shop when you first arrive - my grandma kindly packed me off with a small pack of pasta, tin of tuna, mini box of cereal, fruit juice, and a big box of biscuits and a cake to share around!

Sounds daft, but make sure you don't leave behind things like your bank card, ID, home-house keys (for arriving back on a friday afternoon for the weekend, only to find no-one's home from work yet) passport, national insurance number etc

Nice things to have are DVDs (forgot all mine in first year), toastie machine, and for god's sake remember to check that the saucepans you're taking from your dad's loft aren't rusty...

:P

ReputationRep:
    there's a pretty extensive list here:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki..._To_University

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magdatrix >_<)
    ...whatever you need?

Main things to make sure you have is bedding, enough clothes, various kitchen equipment, your laptop, books for uni etc

Bring some food in case you don't get chance to do a shop when you first arrive - my grandma kindly packed me off with a small pack of pasta, tin of tuna, mini box of cereal, fruit juice, and a big box of biscuits and a cake to share around!

Sounds daft, but make sure you don't leave behind things like your bank card, ID, home-house keys (for arriving back on a friday afternoon for the weekend, only to find no-one's home from work yet) passport, national insurance number etc

Nice things to have are DVDs (forgot all mine in first year), toastie machine, and for god's sake remember to check that the saucepans you're taking from your dad's loft aren't rusty...

:P
    Thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilmisssunshine13)
    there's a pretty extensive list here:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki..._To_University

Thankyou

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.