The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm a girl and I love football. At first when I started talking to all the guys in my class about it they were like 'you're a girl, what do you know about football?' but I soon proved to them that I know a hell of a lot more than they do! Now we have football discussions all the time, but there are still guys who dont take me seriously
Reply 21
Gimp
I think part of the problem is when it comes to playing football, girls tend to be terrible :smile:

yes they TEND to be, but i guess thats becuase there arent enough teams and training opportunities for girls as most schools clubs etc are more devoted to male footie. I do actually prefer watching it to playing it though so i can talk, but it just annoys me when the guys think i dont have a clue what i am talking about. hmmm. ;(
snowball
I suppot chelsea, (they rock) and whenever i try to start a conversation with one of my male friends about it they just say yeh whatever and ignore me! Like, i do know what offside and aggregate are like i proved to one of my friends today. He supports arsenal and i support chelsea and we were chatting about the match last night. he asked me what aggregate was and i told him that because arsenal scored an away goal technically they are 2 up. ha.
Girls can like and know a lot about footie u know! anyone agree?

Footballers are all rough, they spit and are eww...

so I've got no interest.
Reply 23
happysunshine
Footballers are all rough, they spit and are eww...

so I've got no interest.

thats true! though david beckham and scott parker (new chelsea player) spit but i still WOULD! :wink:
snowball
thats true! though david beckham and scott parker (new chelsea player) spit but i still WOULD! :wink:

LOL Scott Parker, I have no idea who he is! DB is way too over-rated...

I may decide to develop an interest in polo :wink:
Reply 25
happysunshine
LOL Scott Parker, I have no idea who he is! DB is way too over-rated...

I may decide to develop an interest in polo :wink:

um... why?! :confused:
Reply 26
Gimp
I think part of the problem is when it comes to playing football, girls tend to be terrible :smile:

Boys at the local park used to brand me "the girl who can play football". And that was a long time ago when boys and girls were equals *sparkle* When they hadnt grown all big and strong yet. So there was this guy and I tackled him and he fell over really hard. The next thing I knew, he was like, "I love you." And I was totally..I mean totally freaked out.

Latest

Trending

Trending