Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yehh, its rubbaashh. Oh well, i dont mind because it means i have a date to look forward to each month - payday from mum!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh. My mum did it the other way round because she knew i would spend my loan straight away!

ReputationRep:
    try convincing your mum to pay ur rent and then she wont give you spends and you can use your loan for you.

Thats what worked better for me, then again my rent is 5 grand, not 3

ReputationRep:
    ebay is the best for sweets and stuff.

i wish my parents thought like that hah.

ReputationRep:
    haha same bex, my mum is giving me an allowance each month and im allowed to spend it all in one week but thats my problem, shes just not giving me loads of money so that im stuck for agesss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilmissnaughty)
    try convincing your mum to pay ur rent and then she wont give you spends and you can use your loan for you.

Thats what worked better for me, then again my rent is 5 grand, not 3
    yeh, mine was 4.5k

ReputationRep:
    yeehh! well im still loads into my overdraft, because i do usually go a bit mad with the money the first week i get it. Then im like, ****. I need money for food, lol! Oh well, its a learning experience :p:

ReputationRep:
    93 quid a week
    250 security
    250 utilities
    500 car parking

Effign ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    :eek: rent is alot! how much per month? mine was 300 in halls and is 300 now for my house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilmissnaughty)
    93 quid a week
    250 security
    250 utilities
    500 car parking

Effign ridiculous
    why do you pay that much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B_e_x)
    yeehh! well im still loads into my overdraft, because i do usually go a bit mad with the money the first week i get it. Then im like, ****. I need money for food, lol! Oh well, its a learning experience :p:

yepp lol. mines catered so at least i will never starve :p: but yeah, if i spend it all in the first week i wont be going out for 3 weeks!

ReputationRep:
    93 a week! jeeez! :eek: what uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B_e_x)
    :eek: rent is alot! how much per month? mine was 300 in halls and is 300 now for my house.
    105 a week, south london, 42week contract

ReputationRep:
    aw, my halls were self catered! theres only a few catered halls at my uni, i think because our canteen sucks :rolleyes: the breakfast is lush though. wer often come out of lectures, and eat breakfast instread of going the seminar. har!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erk)
    why do you pay that much?
    unite properties - the big chain who charge lots lol

ive got a studio, so own kitchen, lounge, bedroom, store room, bathroom

just worried it will be difficult meeting people cos most are in flats of 5 / 6

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B_e_x)
    93 a week! jeeez! :eek: what uni?
    Sheffield Hallam, but they arent university halls

ReputationRep:
    Ohh, london unis are expensive :eek: my friend is at roehampton and she pays alot more than me i think.

ReputationRep:
    On Notts website mine says £4542 for 31 weeks. i dunno if that's good or not! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    pretty expensive i think if its self catered ?!

ReputationRep:
    uni is soo expensive!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.