Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you class as 'sleeping' with someone Watch

I've had actual sex with 10 guys. However I went through a phase of bringing guys back for ONS and only have oral sex with them. We may as well have had sex I just couldn't be bothered as I don't get much out of it. Does that mean my number is actually higher than 10?

What do you class as sleeping with someone? Does it have to involve penetrative sex?

Anyone?

Bump

ReputationRep:
    Fairly sure it's defined as penetrative sex - imo at least. It's what springs to mind when someone says that.

ReputationRep:
    On top of doing the deed you have to be asleep in the same bed together for a minimum of 7.5 hours - otherwise any bed notch is invalid. Thought everyone new that..

ReputationRep:
    I don't tend to use the term "slept with", because I've had sex with guys without literally sleeping with them, and so have friends of mine, etc.

For me:
    Slept with = had sex with
    Sex = any form of physical, mutual sexual activity, whether it's oral, anal or vaginal. Masturbation with each other is my soft cap on this.

I know my definition of sex is fairly loose, and much more relaxed than a lot of other people's, but for me, if me and another guy are feeling each other up, there's nothing to stop us having anal sex. There's no reason I would do one but not the other. In a stricter definition, it could be just oral, anal and vaginal, but it definitely doesn't have to be just vaginal sex. If oral sex isn't sex, then lesbians can't have sex, and that seems a strange thing to say. If two girls are in bed with each other and are licking each other, playing with each other etc., in a way that a man and woman would do when they have "sex" - it seems stupid, to me, to say they aren't having sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    On top of doing the deed you have to be asleep in the same bed together for a minimum of 7.5 hours - otherwise any bed notch is invalid. Thought everyone new that..
    i always assumed 'sleeping with someone' meant ' having sexual intercourse - D to the V'

the bed is irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    i always assumed 'sleeping with someone' meant ' having sexual intercourse - D to the V'

the bed is irrelevant.
    no, it also has to be a double bed to truly count as sleeping with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)

the bed is irrelevant.
    So all gay men and lesbians are virgins? Or?

ReputationRep:
    Why does it matter?

(Original post by Zarek)
    Benson's paying you well?

ReputationRep:
    Your number relates to full intercourse, as does 'sleeping with', owt else may be termed 'fooling around'
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure 'sleeping with someone' means having sex with them

ReputationRep:
    No more bumping for you my friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    pmsl u make me laugh.

its what u count that matters as evidently everyone has different opinions on this matter but in the todays society there is more than one way that is considered as sex. Whether we agree with it or not.

ReputationRep:
    I only count sleeping with someone as penetrative sex

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.