Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    only half a week to go, how is everyone feeling? I'm struggling to memorise everything at the moment, such as how to work out pH buffers, and the names of mechanisms etc.

Wonder what the essay questions are going to be, i'm praying we don't get one on Acids and Bases .

ReputationRep:
    hey, i did chm4 at jan, it was horrible! i thought i had just got a few marks on the whole paper, but i got 61/90 UMS which i didnt bother to resit cos i thought it wasnt worth the hassle. good luck for yours- dont panic in the exam- it wont be just you, everyone will find it really hard. i remember not havin a clue on buffers! theyre really mean.

ReputationRep:
    i totally panicked because of the section B question in january......nmr.......i understand it now but i doubt it'll be coming up this time. Andypandy..i'm in the same position...i know everything but the pH graphs and stuff...and i keep naming the mechanisms wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andypandy)
    only half a week to go, how is everyone feeling? I'm struggling to memorise everything at the moment, such as how to work out pH buffers, and the names of mechanisms etc.

Wonder what the essay questions are going to be, i'm praying we don't get one on Acids and Bases .
    I did CHM4 in Jan... I think I got 72 or 74/90, but whatever it was, it was around the grade boundary for an A.

I know what you mean about the acids and bases stuff... I still don't understand the whole half-equivalence thing. The mechanism names are alright, because you can usually figure those by what's happening.

For the buffers... well, if you can't find a teacher, I suggest you have a thorough read-through of the text book, and actually try and do the worked examples yourself. That way you can see if you got it right without the book's help, and if you didn't, you can see where you've gone wrong.

Good luck! Chemistry is an arse most of the time .

ReputationRep:
    Good luck every one

as it has now been 2 years since I did my A-Level Chemistry paper, i can honestly say...... IT GETS BETTER!

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.