Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone know if Exeter is a good Uni in terms of the grades you have to get in ?

Would you it is well respected and a top uni?

just wondered thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    I have moved this to the Exeter forum for you where you will get better replies

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the subject, but it is one of the top universities in he country for many subjects. Grade requirements will tend to be quite high. It is generally thought of as a mature and well respected university.

ReputationRep:
    currently in the top 10 of UK unis, one of the best in europe

ReputationRep:
    As Whitechark said, it's consistently in the top ten in most league tables; it dropped out of the Guardian's though this year I think. In terms of where it is per subject according to the Complete University Guide:

Biology - 12th
    English - 4th (ahead of Oxford)
    Economics - 8th (ahead of Durham)
    History - 8th
    Maths - 19th (ahead of Manchester)
    Law - 18th

In terms of entry standards, I applied to study English and was made an offer of A*AA, the base offer for English at Durham and higher than I was offered at Warwick.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.