Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

American Author Seeks Aber Student For "Insider Information" For Novel Watch

ReputationRep:
    First of all, please know I'm aware how strange this sounds, but I promise it's a legitimate request and I really am an author.

My name is Anne Riley, and I live in Alabama, USA. I've got one novel published and another contract in the works for 2015. Recently I've begun outlining a story that takes place in Aberyswyth, specifically in and around the university.

(If you're wondering why I chose Aber, it's because I used to date a guy who went to school there, so I've visited the town a few times--but not since 2003!)

I'm looking for someone who can give me information only a student would know. Which bars are best and what reputations they have; what the lecture halls / classrooms look like; and other interesting things like that MASSIVE hill somewhere near campus that everyone takes taxis up because it's so miserable to walk.

The whole process could probably be done via Skype, Facetime, or email. It wouldn't be terribly demanding and you'd be thanked in the acknowledgments. I may be able to offer some other small compensation for your time as well.

If you'd like to check my story, please feel free to do so at www.annerileybooks.com.

Thank you!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 16, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.