The Student Room Group

A Level Biology (AQA) Private Candidates

I'm studying A Level Biology, AQA syllabus hoping to sit exams next june, i need to find an exam center to let me do the exam and practical work with them, but i can't find ANYWHERE that will let me do it.

If you studied this syllabus, please let me know where you did it, so i can drop them an email. Doesn't matter about location, I'm willing to travel.
Hey there. While you're waiting for a reply to your post, we thought we'd give your thread a timely bump.

But don't twiddle your thumbs in the meantime! Kick off your revision and study time by heading to our Learn Together section.

In Learn Together, you'll find interactive study tools to help make your revision quicker and easier. We've also got thousands of handpicked assignments analysed by great teachers, so you can learn from top-marked work. And there's tons more too: get started on Learn Together now!
http://www.edexcel.com/i-am-a/student/private-candidates/Documents/Academic_Centre_List_Private_Candidates.pdf

I know it's Edexcel but all the same, may be of help to you mate. (I doubt many places are Edexcel exclusive somehow lol). If you find anything cheap let me know!
Oh thank you. :smile:
Reply 4
I will be doing this after i have retaken my gcse biology so hoping to see how you get on and any adv for the future :smile:
Original post by emsie83
I will be doing this after i have retaken my gcse biology so hoping to see how you get on and any adv for the future :smile:

Good luck. :smile:
Reply 6
If anyone wants an A in Bio, retroteach32 is offering tuition on tutorhunt!
Reply 7
I emailed the AQA online and they emailed me back with loads of info which has been so helpful and even a link to find schools/college/test centres that will let private candidates do the exam although you have to contact them for the practical part might be worth emailing them as you have to register as a private candidate to, they also give you the fee prices and dates that you have to apply etc.
Original post by emsie83
I emailed the AQA online and they emailed me back with loads of info which has been so helpful and even a link to find schools/college/test centres that will let private candidates do the exam although you have to contact them for the practical part might be worth emailing them as you have to register as a private candidate to, they also give you the fee prices and dates that you have to apply etc.

What email address did you use?
Reply 9
The emil thats on the syllabus, i am now in two minds whether to do the igcse for biology im stuck with what to do :frown:
Hiya

I'm not sure how close it is to you but there's quite a few colleges/schools in Yorkshire that offer private candidate entry, I'm not sure about the practical aspect though. You could try Bradford Grammar school, I know for a fact that they allow private candidate entry.

Let me know how you get on!

Quick Reply

Latest