Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Searching for a phone upgrade watch

Okay, so last night I was at a party, and ended up dropping my long suffering iphone 4 in a jacuzzi. Needless to say it has been sitting in a bag of rice since the incident, and in the mean time I am desperate to be able to text and use spotify mobile again.

My options are;
    • Get an out of warranty replacement iphone 4 from apple for £120, obviously I'd have to continue my current phone contract at £10 a month, bringing the total up to £360 for two more years of use.
    • Buy a new iphone 5 on contract for a lot more (best I've found is £750 over 2 years)
    • Wait for whatever apple is coming out with next, which should be soon. In the mean time, borrow a phone with a giffgaff sim.
    • Get an android phone..?

Could anyone help me make this decision? I'm keen to stick with Apple, as the price difference isn't enormous and I'm already heavily invested in Apple devices (mac and iPad user). My music is all on Spotify, so it would have to support that app, aswell as facebook and texts.

Thanks in advance,

Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.