Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I was given Oxley residences for my accommodation. But i'm not sure if I like it. I've heard that the commute into the uni can take 40mins by bus during rush hour, and I'm in block M which is apparently away from all the other blocks and so people there get left out a bit. I've been looking at concept place as an alternative, but i'm split. I can't decide which one to pick!

Has anyone stayed at Oxley? Can they give me some help on what to pick?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikkiswain)
    So I was given Oxley residences for my accommodation. But i'm not sure if I like it. I've heard that the commute into the uni can take 40mins by bus during rush hour, and I'm in block M which is apparently away from all the other blocks and so people there get left out a bit. I've been looking at concept place as an alternative, but i'm split. I can't decide which one to pick!

Has anyone stayed at Oxley? Can they give me some help on what to pick?
    I lived in Oxley last year and yeah the commute can be a pain (it can be anywhere between 10 minutes and an hour in my experience) but I enjoyed my time there and given the choice I'd definitely live there again! It's good quality accommodation compared to some of the places I pre-drank at

Block M is away from the other blocks and to be honest I didn't know anyone from K, L or M :-/ You'll make friends among yourselves though and apart from my block most people I met through my course anyway.

I don't know concept place though so can't make any comparisons!

ReputationRep:
    I stayed in Concept Place last year and have decided to stay again this year.. It's in a great area which you feel really safe in, uni just a short walk away so no bus journeys like for Oxley! Little bar next door which holds regular quiz nights etc., food places and tesco express less than 5min walk away, 15min walk into the city centre as well as 15min walk to get to Cardigan Fields which has a cinema, bowling alley, nandos plus other food places and Evolution night club.. Definitely a great choice! It does have a miz of students from uni of leeds and leeds met so depends if you mind being mixed or not =)!

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks! That helps a lot!

ReputationRep:
    I have also been given Oxley but have been put off by the journey so I have also looked at the concept place and opal 3. Have you decided on where to stay yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.