The Student Room Group

predicted grades problem

Hi guys got my AS results and got ABB and basically i was very disappointed in 1 of the B's and I am 95% sure that I wont get predicted an A in it even though I know I can (at start of the year head of sixform said I would struggle to get CCD) and also I believe it was just a bad paper for me (ie the topics that came up) as I got an A in my mock 2 weeks before the real exam

My question is, will being predicted ABB mean I am at a disadvantage when applying to AAB and above uni's as I will only be applying to AAB or above apart from one (my insurance and would reject it if it was the only offer I received) and be less likely to get offers from these uni's (Sheffield, Southampton, Warwick and Birmingham (applying for A2B here))?

note: I do have relevant work experience in the subject I want to do which is chemistry

thanks for the help
bump
Reply 2
Usually teachers give predicted grades 1 grade higher than your AS - therefore in your case A*AA - Even if your teachers predict you AAB or ABB there should be know problem getting an offer from an AAB or even AAA uni plenty of my friends did! :smile:
Original post by ZoeToone95
Usually teachers give predicted grades 1 grade higher than your AS - therefore in your case A*AA - Even if your teachers predict you AAB or ABB there should be know problem getting an offer from an AAB or even AAA uni plenty of my friends did! :smile:

Thanks for the reply :smile: thats put my mind at rest about being predicted ABB and still getting higher offers. unfortunately my teachers predict us what we got for AS so it will mostly likely be ABB
Reply 4
Some universities like to take risks if you show academic potential in either your interview or personal statement.

You can always persuade your teachers to up your grade. Very common for this to happen.

Original post by madmadmax321
Hi guys got my AS results and got ABB and basically i was very disappointed in 1 of the B's and I am 95% sure that I wont get predicted an A in it even though I know I can (at start of the year head of sixform said I would struggle to get CCD) and also I believe it was just a bad paper for me (ie the topics that came up) as I got an A in my mock 2 weeks before the real exam

My question is, will being predicted ABB mean I am at a disadvantage when applying to AAB and above uni's as I will only be applying to AAB or above apart from one (my insurance and would reject it if it was the only offer I received) and be less likely to get offers from these uni's (Sheffield, Southampton, Warwick and Birmingham (applying for A2B here))?

note: I do have relevant work experience in the subject I want to do which is chemistry

thanks for the help
Reply 5
Okay so if you're predicted ABB you e still got a great chance of getting offers from AAB courses! It's only on grade different! Have you thought of taking extended project to add to your results? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest