Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im really worried as ive just accepted warwick but have heard that its really boring! is that true? Is there a good night life there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daw1)
    Im really worried as ive just accepted warwick but have heard that its really boring! is that true? Is there a good night life there?

i'm considering warwick too.....which course? apparently it doesn't get that boring, theres always something going on in its Student union, which is supposed to be the biggest in europe or something. u can always go to birmingham.....and i doubt theres much available in Coventry

(Original post by Daw1)
    Warwick itslef is definitely lacking in nightlife and if that is very important to you then you may want to think about how much you actually want to go there. Im sure that you won't get bored because apparently there are lots of organised stuff put on by the SU but due to the isolation of the Uni, it severaly lacks in nightlife. Im sure you'll manage to make your own fun though!!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't find it boring, but then again I don't go out to get absolutely battered every night. I normally go to Top Banana in the union on monday nights, Jam in the union, then maybe score in the union later on Wednesday nights, and occasionally Varsity (on campus, but not in the union) on thursdays. Sometimes we go into Coventry to go to Ikon on wednesday nights. Tuesday is student night in Leamington, a half an hour bus journey away, and the union puts on special nights on fridays, R&B garage, hip hop, that sort of thing, I'm not into that so I don't go. There's always something to do if you seek it out. I'm a member of very social societies, so I'm often going out off campus with them. The night life is what you make it really.

ReputationRep:
    you've already accepted it haven't you?! (Too late she thinks....)
    If you approach it in the negative *its crappy* way, it will be.
    But then again, for interesting, vibrant, lively, fun people, it will never be boring!

Don't worry, I don't believe there's such thing as a boring university

(I'm going there... .... what course are you going to be doing?)

ReputationRep:
    YEAh a uni is what u make of it, but do you know if there is any alernative nights there (im not a goth Or grunge!), I jUST don't like R'n'B and hip hop. BTW Im doing management studies, U?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daw1)
    YEAh a uni is what u make of it, but do you know if there is any alernative nights there (im not a goth Or grunge!), I jUST don't like R'n'B and hip hop. BTW Im doing management studies, U?
    What kind of bands do you mean by alternative? I think they have one night a week where live bands play with support from student bands. Birmingham isn't far away either, so you can always go there for bigger gigs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daw1)
    i'm doing management too.....will c u there if i make up my bloody mind. is it def ur firm choice?? if it is, can u tell me y??! wots ur insurance?? and wot accomodation r u applying for??

ReputationRep:
    Yeah there are alternative nights, that's my sort of music too, although I never seem to be able to make them, not sure why. There's a student band night in the union on Tuesdays, and there's BandSoc, where you can make your own band, as well as RockSoc, Offbeat (punk sort of stuff) and a few other societies like taht.

ReputationRep:
    im going too and was a bit worried about it being so isolated. but im confident that its the right choice yes the students union is the biggest in europe. and my mates bro goes there and he bloody loves it! cant wait to go, there'll be plently of nightlife im sure or people wouldnt keep going there! wat course is everyone doing? im doin theatre and performance studies.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope its not too boring, as I've accepted a place there.

Saying that as long as there is some nightlife and its not some sort of academic Prison then I'm happy.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.