Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where can I get a part time job at Bristol? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am starting at west England Bristol this September and I was wondering if anyone knew how I could get a part time job. I would really some retail job doesn't matter where or personal assistant or waitress .

ReputationRep:
    If you're at UWE you could try Cribbs Causeway, it's a shopping centre nearish that part of Bristol that has a lot of jobs, just check the website. There's just shops in town, in Cabot Circus but if you're at UWE you'll have to get the bus all the time which could be a hassle. Just have a look on google maps about which shops are near to where you're staying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vanessap)
    I am starting at west England Bristol this September and I was wondering if anyone knew how I could get a part time job. I would really some retail job doesn't matter where or personal assistant or waitress .
    Glad to see you went for UWE. There is a job shop on campus. Contact details are here:

http://www.uwesu.org/jobs/

ReputationRep:
    I'm also looking for jobs, starting UWE this September too, A good place i found was on sainsburys job site. They have about 10+ customer assistant jobs for their store at clifton. About 5miles away from UWE but theres a free bus (if your on student village)

ReputationRep:
    The Mall in Cribbs Causeway, Cabot Circus, Clifton... Those are the main shopping areas and the Mall is currently hiring for many park time vacancies. Also at Cribbs Causeway is 'The Venue', which hosts a VUE cinema, Frankie & Benny's, TGI Fridays, Chiquitos, Bella Italia, Preview bar and restaurant and a Carvery if you're looking for other kinds of work.

As for bars if you're interested in that kind of work, Syndicate are regularly hiring and there are many bars on Park Street that take CVs.

Whilst I still lived in Bristol and was doing my A levels, I worked at John Lewis at Cribbs for three years. The Mall is a good place to work and JL an excellent place. If you can get employed there I would highly recommend it! The March bonus will really help to subsidise your Student Loan.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.