Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Art Foundation - Accommodation costs and financial support Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    So I want to do a art foundation course next year before I go on to do my degree. As I'll be under 19 when I start the course, I know I won't have to pay any tuition fees.

Since it isn't actually a degree, I'm not entitled to a typical student loan. Even though I intend on staying fairly close to home, I still want to live in student accommodation, however I'm not sure if I could afford this without a student loan. I am wondering what other financial support I am entitled to and how much the cost of student living is in the Manchester/Leeds area, baring in mind I wouldn't be more than an hours drive from home?

It would be great if there are any people who have personally done an art foundation course and lived away from home to leave a post.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skittles35)
    Hi,
    So I want to do a art foundation course next year before I go on to do my degree. As I'll be under 19 when I start the course, I know I won't have to pay any tuition fees.

Since it isn't actually a degree, I'm not entitled to a typical student loan. Even though I intend on staying fairly close to home, I still want to live in student accommodation, however I'm not sure if I could afford this without a student loan. I am wondering what other financial support I am entitled to and how much the cost of student living is in the Manchester/Leeds area, baring in mind I wouldn't be more than an hours drive from home?

It would be great if there are any people who have personally done an art foundation course and lived away from home to leave a post.
    Thanks
    virtually none as i understand it, you need to self fund your own living costs.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.