LSE accomodation Watch

This discussion is closed.
Odysseus
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I'm having a little trouble here choosing the right place to stay...as I am bit of indecisive..so pls help

I tend to prefer High Holborn because it seems to be the nearest to the LSE campus but however, it is relatively more expensive than the other residential halls.

I'm also thinking of choosing either Roseberry or Passfield but 25 minutes walk is way too far [email protected]

Bankside, perhaps is the largest and newest and yet the most happening hall but currently undergoing major construction

Given such circumstances, how would I decide to choose ?
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Odysseus)
I'm having a little trouble here choosing the right place to stay...as I am bit of indecisive..so pls help

I tend to prefer High Holborn because it seems to be the nearest to the LSE campus but however, it is relatively more expensive than the other residential halls.

I'm also thinking of choosing either Roseberry or Passfield but 25 minutes walk is way too far [email protected]

Bankside, perhaps is the largest and newest and yet the most happening hall but currently undergoing major construction

Given such circumstances, how would I decide to choose ?
I have picked Carr Saunders and Rosebery, due to the costs being cheap and i didn't think 25mins walk was that bad. They both have really good bars too, and apparently the food is skank in Passfield so i'd rather cook for myself
What subject are you doing?
zaherrrrr
Report 14 years ago
My first option is Roseberry and then passfield and then car-sanders... i know, just thinking abt that distance makes me hesitate, but then its LSE !! , holborn sounds nice, but then it charges for 40 weeks, i wont be there during the christmas and easter holidays, so why bother?... same story with bankside. The 25 min walk isnt the main issue, its abt sharing a bathroom with 15 ppl that makes me worry !..
Odysseus
Costs always dictate my choice...and I wouldn't wanna share a bathroom with 15 ppl !!! that's like having an orgy (pardon me)

Well I'll just have to make the best of the worst situation...

To Claire : I am offered a place to read Econs L101
Leeroy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I reckon Im off for Rosebery 1, Carr Saunders 2, Passfield 3

Do you reckon puttin down intercollegiate reduces ur chance of gettin an LSE one?
Odysseus
what are the chances ?
Odysseus
hey Passfield Hall is closed for 2004/2005 session

sighhh
zaherrrrr
Report 14 years ago
No its open, at least thats what the accommodation office representative said!..

"Dear Zaheer,

There is a washbasin in every room in Rosebery. If you are offered a room in Rosebery Ave, you will then have the opportunity to stipulate if you require an en-suite room or not.
it is now likey that Passfield Hall will remain open for the next academic session so if you would like to apply for that Hall, we would recommend that you do so.

Regards,
Hannah Kearns,
Accommodation Office, LSE."
Odysseus
many thanks
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
many thanks
Although I have heard not very nice things about the food they serve and the interior of Passfield.
Odysseus
what's it like in roseberry and c'saunders ?
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
what's it like in roseberry and c'saunders ?
You make your own there, or you can buy it from the canteen which is supposedly ok, if a bit expensive. Passfield it is included in your fees and apparently leaves a lot to be desired!
Odysseus
making my own food isn't much of the issue here although my cooking sucks ! LOL
i'd better improve my culinary skills

well how much do you know about their rooms ?
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
making my own food isn't much of the issue here although my cooking sucks ! LOL
i'd better improve my culinary skills

well how much do you know about their rooms ?
no idea really, Carr Saunders is supposed to be a bit manky but I don't really miss luxury that much so I should be fine there! My cooking sucks too....
Odysseus
do you expect the rooms to look like that picture on the top right hand corner on the LSE's accomodation webpage ? that's pretty standard already
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
do you expect the rooms to look like that picture on the top right hand corner on the LSE's accomodation webpage ? that's pretty standard already
I think they'll be pretty much like that really, a bit worse maybe. Oh well, I am kinda expecting them to be scuzzy, they are halls after all! I haven't heard anything from them after accepting my offer, have you?
Odysseus
that's just awful isn't it....i know i shouldn't be complaining much about it,really...but i just can't help imagining to stay in a squalid place for years

and i have not submit my form yet...as am still deciding but have to do it a.s.a.p

they will take some time to reply..so again we have to wait..and wait...and wait....

whatever it is, just do well in the up and coming examinations...
or else.........(touchwood)
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
that's just awful isn't it....i know i shouldn't be complaining much about it,really...but i just can't help imagining to stay in a squalid place for years

and i have not submit my form yet...as am still deciding but have to do it a.s.a.p

they will take some time to reply..so again we have to wait..and wait...and wait....

whatever it is, just do well in the up and coming examinations...
or else.........(touchwood)
Only one year, the next 2 you have to move out and find a place in London. I am focussing on exams at mo, but as soon as they are over and I know I have ABB i will be so excited, i can't wait to go!
Odysseus
huh ? only a year ? well i'll save it first and worry later

anyway just do your best and leave the rest to faith

what course did LSE offer you ?
lyd
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I havent been to carr-saunders in 2 years, but when I was last there, it was indeed manky.

Rosebury is very nice, in a rather swish part of London and good bars around. Not actually that far from lse at all, and good bus links.

Bankside is v near tate modern. A bit too far out of central London for my liking, and too quiet at night (thus making you feel paranoid when you’re talking late at night)- but the RV1 bus right outside bankside will take you straight to Holborn.

Why isn’t anybody going for intercollegiate halls? The ones at Russell Sq (Hughes parry, international etc) are so central and you get to meet people from all the other colleges.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London School of Economics and Political Science
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (109)
19.57%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (227)
40.75%
Nope, not that interesting (221)
39.68%