LSE accomodation Watch

This discussion is closed.
Odysseus
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
not a bit that I'm aware of....we'll just have to wait 'til LSE gets to its decision by Easter
DLo
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by hmm)
im from Nottingham.....maybe ill arrange something for the summer....Ill need to make a list of all those who want to comes....neone other than Odysseus?

yeah i'm up for it. just arrange a date, time and place. It would be easier if we knew what everyone looked like first. please private message me when u get it arranged. I'm only a few hours away from London so i gan go anytime
hmm
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ok no problem...looks like its just us three.....come on people we need more company!!!!!!........ill sort something out for the summer hols afterall we dont want any distractions from our precious revision do we?....lol
Igor
Report 14 years ago
Hi there, count me in for the rendez-vous! the only problem is that I'm an international student (EU) so I can't really come to London at anytime... but a few days before the start of our courses should be fine.
oh BTW, I'm visiting London to see LSE in May... if anyone here is from London and wouldn't mind putting me up for a week, I'd be very grateful coz coz spending 200 pounds for a hostel seems extremely expensive for my measures to say the least. thanks a million ppl.
please post any news about the above-mentioned meeting to this thread.
M.M.
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Since Igor already broke the ice, I could possibly be in on the rendez-vous too. I'm an EU student too so I can't come to London anytime either but if it's possible for me to be in I would be interested. I'll have to see.
hmm
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
from the looks of things this rendez-vous has to take place just before we begin the course......at the mo we have Igor, Dlo, Odysseus and MM........this is turning out quite nicely but i still think more people are needed.....oh btw any suggestions for what we could do ???
samd294
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Guys, unrelated to the direction of the thread but...isn't Bankside incredibly expensive?!? £100+/week for a single room, and you dont even get food included, plus you have to get a 40 week lease. Thats the best part of 5 grand for the basic food/accom. Even by London Uni prices this seems obscene. Or am i wrong or have I got the wrong end of the stick with something?? I would like clarification that I am correct in my assessment. Although I maybe could afford it at a push(my parents are used to paying 10k/year school fees) I dont think I could justify to myself spending so much on the place, especially when I only live 10 miles away!.

Thanks for any comments
DLo
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by samd294)
Guys, unrelated to the direction of the thread but...isn't Bankside incredibly expensive?!? £100+/week for a single room, and you dont even get food included, plus you have to get a 40 week lease. Thats the best part of 5 grand for the basic food/accom. Even by London Uni prices this seems obscene. Or am i wrong or have I got the wrong end of the stick with something?? I would like clarification that I am correct in my assessment. Although I maybe could afford it at a push(my parents are used to paying 10k/year school fees) I dont think I could justify to myself spending so much on the place, especially when I only live 10 miles away!.

Thanks for any comments
yep ur completely right. About the accomadation being over 100 pounds, thats gonna be the price ur expected to pay. But the main problem is the 40 week contract., espcially cos u live so close. i mean thats gonna be an extra 800 pounds. if u were u i'd keep the money to spend on other things like precious food.
Igor
Report 14 years ago
hmm, Dlo, Odysseus and M.M. (and everybody else interested in the proposed rendez-vous),

about that meeting.. if u're coming to the open day on 21 April, we can meet then as well.. I'll be in London from 19th till 23rd (changed my plans, coming now instead of in May), so for me it's fine anytime in this period. perhaps we could open a separate thread for this to get more ppl..
jolity
Report 14 years ago
hey you guys in this thread
can you tell me what course your doing and also what your a level grades were as well as your gcse grades if thats not a problem

ne extra-curiculae stuff would be helpful but if dont want to then fair enough
Leeroy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jolity)
can you tell me what course your doing and also what your a level grades were as well as your gcse grades if thats not a problem

got an offer for BSc maths & economics

Got an A in A2 in maths, and A in AS physics economics further maths and general studies

Predicted As at A2 for phys eco f.math and G.S.

Got 11A* and A at GCSE

Have a black belt in freestyle karate and came 2nd in "world united martial arts" european cha mpionships

play sunday league football, and play guitar aswell

also did work experience at HSBS in canarywharf

hope is helpful
Lee
JRDH
Report 14 years ago
hey, i'm looking at the accomodation for lse....does every room have a desk in it, i dont know if that sounds odd but i'd prefer it if it did
JRDH
Report 14 years ago
and also...i'm thinking of intercolligate halls, but what kind of peeps will be in there, i mean from what other uni's?!?!
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jolity)

BA History (ABB)
GCSE: 6A* 4A
AS: A (in English Lit), B (History), B (Economics now up to an A), B (Maths), B (General Studies)
Predicted: AAAA
Extra-curricular- Netball, teaching Sex-ed, editing team of school mag, school council rep, charity work and teaching myself Spanish
DLo
Report 14 years ago
i'm sure i've done this hundreds of times before, but nevermind

BSc Econ L101

4A* 6A for GCSEs

predicted As for A2 economics, maths, physics. and a B in AS french

extrac curricular. school council member. basketball teeam, table tennis and badmington. Part time job in my parents restaurant.

About the intercollegiate halls thing. Ita mix between all the london uni's i think. well i know of poepl in there who go to UCL, LSE, royal vetenary college, SOAS, Kings college, imperial. SO i guess life will be varied but there will only be about 5 or 6 people from ur individual uni and they might not be doing the same course as u or even in the same year, but it's a good time to make friends. It not that conveinient if u need help on uni work though. But what the hell, u'll meet friends from ur individual uni in the lectures and stuff anyway.
feli1986
Report 14 years ago
Hi there,

I've been accepted to LSE and would like to inquire about the accommodation. Can anybody list the pros and cons of the LSE residences and intercollegiate halls? Most importantly, is there broadband (cable) or dialup Internet connection in every room, including single and shared, in the LSE residences and intercollegiate halls? I don't want to spend my whole day on working in the library though. Also, would you recommend to live in the LSE residences or intercollegiate halls? Which one is better? I know there's self-catering in the halls, but I'm not sure I'll like the food there. And the long distance, 25 to 30-minute walk kind of puts me off living in the residences, except for High Holborn and yet it's so expensive. In addition, which LSE residence or intercollegiate hall has the largest number of LSE students?

I know there are quite a lot of questions to answer, but I'm really stuck between picking a LSE residence and an intercollegiate hall. Your help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Feli
JRDH
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Leeroy)
I was in london this weekend and checked out both rosebery and carr saunders. The staff were really friendly at both and freely let me look round (actually gave me a tour at carr saunders) - and I reallly like both, much better than I was expecting.

I have a collection of photos of both is anyone wants them, or more info about the surrounding areas. I think im going for 1. carr saunders, 2. rosebery now (and no others)
leeroy.....when you apply for accomodation, did you put any intercolligate halls down, or did you only put these 2 lse halls down
Leeroy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JRDH)
leeroy.....when you apply for accomodation, did you put any intercolligate halls down, or did you only put these 2 lse halls down
havent done it yet but i dont think im gonna put any intercolls down as theres no cooking facilities in any. jsut the 2 lse's and then pray
jolity
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by DLo)
i'm sure i've done this hundreds of times before, but nevermind

BSc Econ L101

4A* 6A for GCSEs

predicted As for A2 economics, maths, physics. and a B in AS french

extrac curricular. school council member. basketball teeam, table tennis and badmington. Part time job in my parents restaurant.

thanks alot you've got very similar things to me and this gives me alot of confidence so thanks
M.M.
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Igor)
hmm, Dlo, Odysseus and M.M. (and everybody else interested in the proposed rendez-vous),

about that meeting.. if u're coming to the open day on 21 April, we can meet then as well.. I'll be in London from 19th till 23rd (changed my plans, coming now instead of in May), so for me it's fine anytime in this period. perhaps we could open a separate thread for this to get more ppl..
I was in London in March so I won't be there on the open day in April. Most likely I won't be visiting the place anymore until the actual moving. So I'll have to see about this meeting thing. A separate thread would be a good idea, all this is very off topic.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (988)
79.36%
Leave (257)
20.64%

Watched Threads