Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got a place at Aston University and was wondering whether anyone has had any contact from them.
    Is it not normal for the University to send a confirmation letter/email directly?
    (I have received a UCAS confirmation letter on Track)

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I got a place this year also. Ucas should send out a letter just confirming Aston as your chosen university. Aston should send out letters with details to fresher week and starting week soon. I haven't received mine yet but it does take a few days to be posted as results day was only on Thursday.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't heard anything yet either. Have either of you received anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sylviee)
    Haven't heard anything yet either. Have either of you received anything yet?
    i received a confirmation email from Aston Uni on the 19th. It also said "you will be receiving further information by post soon"

apart from the email haven't received anything.

ReputationRep:
    Me neither, I haven't been able to book accommodation or anything. Getting slightly worried I might be stuck with the expensive stuff now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muhammad Ali)
    i received a confirmation email from Aston Uni on the 19th. It also said "you will be receiving further information by post soon"

apart from the email haven't received anything.
    Slightly worried as I haven't received that email. Let us know if you get something soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FPatel)
    Me neither, I haven't been able to book accommodation or anything. Getting slightly worried I might be stuck with the expensive stuff now.
    I called up the accommodation office as I was worried too. They gave me my student number, and I applied straight away online and got my accommodation offer on the same day.

ReputationRep:
    I got a letter today to say that the welcome week starts the 28th sep x was wondering if any of you are living at home as I will be travelling to and from Aston each day xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshleighWoodall)
    I got a letter today to say that the welcome week starts the 28th sep x was wondering if any of you are living at home as I will be travelling to and from Aston each day xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah i will be living at home too

ReputationRep:
    Yay at least I'm not alone lol - what you gonna do during freshers week? Just get involved as much as you can?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yay at least I'm not alone lol - what you gonna do during freshers week? Just get involved as much as you can?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah just get involved, i had a look at last years freshers week timetables and it look really good. here's the link =) http://www1.aston.ac.uk/EasySiteWeb/...px?alId=131955

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh thanks
    Will look now - what area do you live in then??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh thanks
    Will look now - what area do you live in then??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Small Heath

ReputationRep:
    Ohh okk - I'm marston green

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm living at home also but I haven't received any letter from Aston yet although I've been confirmed on the course :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.