Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can anyone help me with a phone problem Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I tried googling this and I had no luck...

Bascially I got a second hand unlocked android phone off the internet and put a replacement sim in it, everything is fine, except when I try to connect to the home internet, it somehow breaks it after about 5-10 mins use... so that we can't connect on any of the laptops / phones we have in the house and the router has to be restarted.

Could anyone help me with why this is happening??

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc:))
    So I tried googling this and I had no luck...

Bascially I got a second hand unlocked android phone off the internet and put a replacement sim in it, everything is fine, except when I try to connect to the home internet, it somehow breaks it after about 5-10 mins use... so that we can't connect on any of the laptops / phones we have in the house and the router has to be restarted.

Could anyone help me with why this is happening??

Thanks

See if you can try the phone and other devices on a different network to determine whether it's an issue with the phone or your router.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dathtom)
    See if you can try the phone and other devices on a different network to determine whether it's an issue with the phone or your router.
    Thanks I'll try this

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.