ReputationRep:
    do you guys have any good self help books to recommend

edit :
    mainly looking for books about being more social
    being happy
    relationships
    memory

ReputationRep:
    Hand written copy of the King James Bible.

It'll be so heavy you will lose a pound every time you walk a mile.

ReputationRep:
    What sort of self help books? Self esteem? Being more social? Making more money? Improving your memory?

My personal favourite is the classic "How to Win Friends and Influence People".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1st Love)
    What sort of self help books? Self esteem? Being more social? Making more money? Improving your memory?

My personal favourite is the classic "How to Win Friends and Influence People".
    being more social cos i'm starting uni soon and i'm really shy

yep that one is now on my reading list, any more suggestions?

improving memory will be good too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Stewie)
    Hand written copy of the King James Bible.

It'll be so heavy you will lose a pound every time you walk a mile.
    haha i might have to check it out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iwy123)
    do you guys have any good self help books to recommend

edit :
    mainly looking for books about being more social
    being happy
    relationships
    memory
    Thrive by rob Kelly is very good. You can either get it as a work book or the kindle version as long as you have a little notebook you can use

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iwy123)
    being more social cos i'm starting uni soon and i'm really shy

yep that one is now on my reading list, any more suggestions?

improving memory will be good too
    Haha, yea I was like that as well a few years ago. I guess from experience, you have to do things by yourself to actually be more social.

Read "How to Win Friends and Influence People". Then just put yourself out there and learn from experience. Reading is one thing, but I have to say, implementing it for a year of university is quite difficult. I've read quite a few self help books, and pretty much forgotten most of the stuff, and it's been 1year8months into my university experience.

The only other book I'd recommend would be "The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pick Up Artists" by Neil Strauss.
    It's utter bulls***, but it's interesting and gives you quite an interesting insight into how some men perceive women.

ReputationRep:
    I looked at a book called 'Confidence' by Rob Yeung, which teaches on how to become more confident and get what you want or get where you want to be in this world.
    It covers confidence in all forms of life too, so it doesn't just focus on confidence in the workplace, but also how to be a confident person in social situations and how to have faith in yourself and be happier because of it. I found it useful as the first thing it determines is how much you ideally need to read by asking yourself ten questions (from flicking through a couple of chapters, to reading about certain spheres of confidence to reading the entire book). Its on Amazon if you want to look at it xD.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.