The Student Room Group

BA in Fine Arts requirements

Hey guys! First off, I'm so glad I discovered this website. This is the part of Internet I love. Okay, getting to the point; I want to study Fine Art at university. I am currently going to start my A levels and i cannot decide which subjects to take. My choices are Art and design, Maths, English language and Literature and I'm unsure about the fourth subject even though I feel like choosing media studies as it seems very interesting to me but I see that it's considered a soft subject. Do you think that would be REALLY stupid and i should instead take either history or classical civilizations? Or, I can choose one from the previous two as a fifth subject and manage, still. I'm not considering five subjects because i think that it will be an advantage or something; I know it won't be, just wanna learn so many things at a time.
Another thing is that is an art foundation necessary for uni? Considering the fact that I will be applying to unis in both US and UK and probably very few unis in UK as they provide little or no financial concessions.
Hey there. While you're waiting for a reply to your post, we thought we'd give your thread a timely bump.

But don't twiddle your thumbs in the meantime! Kick off your revision and study time by heading to our Learn Together section.

In Learn Together, you'll find interactive study tools to help make your revision quicker and easier. We've also got thousands of handpicked assignments analysed by great teachers, so you can learn from top-marked work. And there's tons more too: get started on Learn Together now!
Reply 2
In the uk, an art and design foundation course is necessary to get into any fine art course worth going to.

They never look at what courses you took in order to get in so choose whatever you feel you'll do best at and will enjoy most. To get into a foundation course all you'll need is a good strong portfolio of work. Same with uni courses.
Original post by Nonel
In the uk, an art and design foundation course is necessary to get into any fine art course worth going to.

They never look at what courses you took in order to get in so choose whatever you feel you'll do best at and will enjoy most. To get into a foundation course all you'll need is a good strong portfolio of work. Same with uni courses.

Oh okay. Thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending