Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I got into my firm uni but I am really upset with results. What should I do? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So long story short my firm uni for some reason let me in when the offer was AAB and I got ABD. I am thrilled they still let me in, but, I am severely pissed off about the B which was an A at AS and should have been an A. I am not overly surprised at the D but I knew I could have done better. :cry2:

I kinda wish I could retake but I am not going to jeopardize my uni place on it and I doubt I will have time to put the work in to retake doing a degree..

Also I am wondering if it will affect my future at all? I think I heard of some employers asking for A level results :cry2:

But I am very disappointed in myself, I feel like I don't deserve the place and although I am perfectly capable everyone else on the course will have better grades than me, it is not helping my self esteem at all, I really wanted those lovely AAB results, I just don't feel proud of myself at all even though everyone is congratulating me, I don't deserve it. :cry2: Can anyone give me advice please?

ReputationRep:
    Screw the actual results, all that matters is that you got into your firm.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand the problem.....

ReputationRep:
    I felt like that last year when I missed my AAA offer and got AAB and still got in... It's always a little bit hard because you automatically think that the majority of people on the course got in with the "right" grades so I must be stupider than them. But once you're at uni you very quickly realise that no one actually talks about their A Level results anymore - all that matters now is getting good grades at uni and it helps! You just forget about it.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    It's not great consolation for the moment, but when you start uni, then after about a month no-one will even mention A Levels anymore. They're really not a big deal at uni. Nobody cares about A Levels, so don't worry about them too much.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm in the same position as you. I got a B in history when I should of got an A as my degree is history. But my uni still let me in because my other grades were better.

I kinda feel like a fraud though - doing a history degree when probably everyone else got the A and I didn't...

I don't know what happened in the exam because I know I can get the A, so I guess you just have to think like that - know that you are just as good as the rest on your course, ans not let one little exam bring you down.

Good luck and hope you feel better!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taahirakhan)
    Hey I'm in the same position as you. I got a B in history when I should of got an A as my degree is history. But my uni still let me in because my other grades were better.

I kinda feel like a fraud though - doing a history degree when probably everyone else got the A and I didn't...

I don't know what happened in the exam because I know I can get the A, so I guess you just have to think like that - know that you are just as good as the rest on your course, ans not let one little exam bring you down.

Good luck and hope you feel better!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks I hope so too, especially because I practically gave up my social life and worked incredibly hard I expected better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafan)
    I don't understand the problem.....
    The problem comes after she graduates and wants to get on graduate schemes...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancStudent098)
    The problem comes after she graduates and wants to get on graduate schemes...
    that is what I was thinking, what do they look for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladynova)
    Desperate suckers straight out of university who will work a normal full time job in the company for bugger all pay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammydemon)
    Desperate suckers straight out of university who will work a normal full time job in the company for bugger all pay?
    haha It is a foot in the door you can't complain If it is based on UCAS points I should be fine with the criteria.

ReputationRep:
    Seems to be around 320-340 UCAS points. So ABB/AAB. Some will specify at first sitting as well.

ReputationRep:
    haha It is a foot in the door you can't complain If it is based on UCAS points I should be fine with the criteria.
    I think you have far more than the graduate schemes typically ask for. I think the UCAS points from CCC is what they commonly ask for. However I have seen countless graduate schemes that don't ask for any UCAS points (and rightly so).

ReputationRep:
    Do I have 300 points?

ReputationRep:
    From what i been told by graduates who now work in big companies, no one gives a rats ass about your A levels. On your CV, you just put down your degree. If you are really that bothered, you are to put "3 a level passes", but no one cares. Just do well at Uni, get a 1st or at least a 2:1 or something.

ReputationRep:
    A levels are only qualifications to get into Uni and you have achieved your goal so this is all it matters. Though, I can understand how you feel with under performing and not doing as well as you wanted.

At the end of the day, the most important thing is that you are in Uni so move on to the next chapter of your life. You should now be working on getting your degree and 2:1 since that's what employers want. Is tough to know that you've not done as well as you could but you need to move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie1994)
    A levels are only qualifications to get into Uni and you have achieved your goal so this is all it matters. Though, I can understand how you feel with under performing and not doing as well as you wanted.

At the end of the day, the most important thing is that you are in Uni so move on to the next chapter of your life. You should now be working on getting your degree and 2:1 since that's what employers want. Is tough to know that you've not done as well as you could but you need to move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thankyou I will keep that in mind and not let it drag me down! I shouldn't feel second best to anyone else on my course because personal statement was taken into consideration as well and as you said it is not too big of a deal now that I am in uni .

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the scheme - Most of the bigger accountancy, consultancy and law firm schemes will be closed to you as they normally require 300+ UCAS points (you have 280). General management schemes tend to have lower requirements some will be closed to you and some won't. Outside of those areas I have no real idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancStudent098)
    Depends on the scheme - Most of the bigger accountancy, consultancy and law firm schemes will be closed to you as they normally require 300+ UCAS points (you have 280). General management schemes tend to have lower requirements some will be closed to you and some won't. Outside of those areas I have no real idea.
    I have absolutely no interest into going into accountancy, consultancy or law so its fine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.