Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got a place at Huddersfield through clearing for Biochemistry, however I have no idea how accommodation or anything works with the uni... As in where do I go when the term first starts?, timetables?... How can I apply for accommodation, or how accommodation application works?
    I am currently stressing and could do with some advice and help with this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The university will send you the info on where to go etc. via email. Freshers week and enrolment starts on 23rd of September. There are several accommodation places. Storthes hall is a student village run by DIGS. This however is a 20 min bus ride away. There is Aspley hall which is right next to the uni run my crm students. There is also snow island and some other places. Hope this helps fellow fresher

ReputationRep:
    + don't forget to join the freshers page on Facebook

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyApplexx)
    I've got a place at Huddersfield through clearing for Biochemistry, however I have no idea how accommodation or anything works with the uni... As in where do I go when the term first starts?, timetables?... How can I apply for accommodation, or how accommodation application works?
    I am currently stressing and could do with some advice and help with this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats on gaining your place at Huddersfield!

For information about the accommodation, visit the University's website at http://www.hud.ac.uk/undergraduate/livinghere/

As the others mentioned, Storthes Hall and Ashenhurst are run by us at DIGS and we still have some rooms available. There are other providers dotted around the town too. It's just a case of having a look online (or better, popping to Huddersfield and having a look in person) so you can choose the right place for you to stay.

If I can help with anything at all, please get in touch!

ReputationRep:
    In looking for a new flat mate from Monday, contact me for more info

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.