Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Guys I could really do with some help here. I finished my BTEC Engineering but somewhere along the year I lost the interest in the subject and realised this was not the one for me. (Un) Fortunately I got accepted into university for this course but I don't feel like doing it anymore. I have always like business, accounting, finance... in other words, working with money. In fact I was thinking in doing masters in Business Administration at the end of my three years of study. Going through clearing I have found spaces for business at some universities and now the spark has ignited the doubt in my mind, should I try and make the change? or stick to mechanical engineering? My parents have told me that the choice is mine that I have to do what I like the most. if any of you could share your opinion from a third person point of view or have any experience it would help my clarify my thoughts. Thanks :confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    I would say Business Management & Accounting will be great

ReputationRep:
    do what you enjoy? Job prospects good in both. Long term mech eng would pay more I think, unless you set up your own business.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, if you've lost interest, Engineering isn't for you. Not saying that Uni wouldn't make you interested again, but it really is a subject you need to be totally obsessed with if you're going to do well.

ReputationRep:
    It's tricky, sort of in a similar position to yours: head saying something else hearts saying something else. I'm thinking of biting the bullet and following my heart.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 19, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.