The Student Room Group

A levels - What should I do?

I have received my AS results: AABC and am not satisfied at all, however I am now in a dilemma about whether I should drop one subject or not as my first university choice is LSE and following choices are along the lines of UCL, Warwick, etc where I intend to pursue a economics based degree, e.g. economics and economics history at LSE, etc. my AS levels are, economics (A), maths (C), english language (B - 5 marks away from an A) and business studies (A) - i got high A's for econ and business and thinking of retaking some modules for maths next year as maths is compulsory and cannot be dropped if i intend to study at a top uni. Therefore, I am not sure whether i should drop business or carry it on as i am likely to recieve an A* prediction for it but also know that it is a less preffered subject by LSE.

What should i drop to maximise my chances of getting into a uni like LSE or should i keep all four and why?

Thanks, your feedback would be highly appreciated.
Reply 1
English Language is probably the one that matters the least for an economics degree anywhere.

As long as you meet the entry reauirements I don't see why they wouldn't let you in on the others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Dingo749
English Language is probably the one that matters the least for an economics degree anywhere.

As long as you meet the entry reauirements I don't see why they wouldn't let you in on the others.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm.. Okay, its just that if you visit the LSE website, economic based courses require A*AA-AAB grades and also they have a list of 'less preffered subjects' which includes business studies. Now although they have mentioned that accepted applicants should have 3 acceptable A levels or a combination of two acceptable ones and one from the list of 'less preffered subjects' meaning i can do something like econ, maths and business, I just do know if i should choose that A2 combo as competition at LSE is very high and i dont wany any disadvantages on my side..

Quick Reply

Latest