The Student Room Group

CCD in A-Levels, frustrated in Clearing

Hi so I've got CCD in A Levels. I was expecting Bs cuz I worked really hard but I guess retaking too many units made me exhausted and messed up in exams.
Anyways i applied for Business Management. I've missed my firm choice which I really really wanted, Surrey uni, I called them again to ask for reconsideration but my grades are too low. My insurance didn't accept me either.
I entered clearing and got rejected after emailing and calling several schools. Then i finally gained a place at Portsmouth uni, the city seems nice but I heard the uni's not good. I'm still hoping I can get into somewhere else decent, would it be possible with my grades?? I'm getting so hopeless and depressed seeing my friends going to great unis like Surrey, City, Aston, York...

Thanks guys :smile:
Original post by gnzb
Hi so I've got CCD in A Levels. I was expecting Bs cuz I worked really hard but I guess retaking too many units made me exhausted and messed up in exams.
Anyways i applied for Business Management. I've missed my firm choice which I really really wanted, Surrey uni, I called them again to ask for reconsideration but my grades are too low. My insurance didn't accept me either.
I entered clearing and got rejected after emailing and calling several schools. Then i finally gained a place at Portsmouth uni, the city seems nice but I heard the uni's not good. I'm still hoping I can get into somewhere else decent, would it be possible with my grades?? I'm getting so hopeless and depressed seeing my friends going to great unis like Surrey, City, Aston, York...

Thanks guys :smile:

I'm sorry for your disappointment, but well done on getting a place at Portsmouth uni. However, you must be really sure that you like the place if you're going there, as it is going to cost you a lot of money, and will leave you with a massive debt afterwards. If you don't want to go there, you could always retake some A2 modules by taking the year off. It is going to take longer, but it might get you into a much better uni in the long run, which will be worth it. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
I had a look at Portsmouth and really liked it but in the long run, of course the career prospects, employability, etc. will be better at somewhere like Surrey.
Reply 3
Original post by JustMe20
Take a year out and resit, you won't get into anywhere half decent with those grades

Original post by Alix_js
I'm sorry for your disappointment, but well done on getting a place at Portsmouth uni. However, you must be really sure that you like the place if you're going there, as it is going to cost you a lot of money, and will leave you with a massive debt afterwards. If you don't want to go there, you could always retake some A2 modules by taking the year off. It is going to take longer, but it might get you into a much better uni in the long run, which will be worth it. Good luck :smile:

Original post by Jamiepvfc
I had a look at Portsmouth and really liked it but in the long run, of course the career prospects, employability, etc. will be better at somewhere like Surrey.

Thank you guys for your opinion! I've finally decided to settle with Portsmouth uni. Forgot to tell you that I'm an international student, there are visa issues too, so I can't really take a year off... Well hopefully I'll have a good time studying there, I'll try to make the best of it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending