Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A levels AAAB, B in chem. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I got my results and I have 3As but a B in chem! Is there any chance that I could go to med school in the uk now without resitting chem? And where could I apply?! Also some med schools only require chemistry at As level as a minimum such as imperial. So is it possible for me to not cash in my a2 chem grade and apply? Or could I still apply to imperial and declare my b in chem but still be considered with a b in chem and 3As? Thankss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibbyb94)
    Hey guys, I got my results and I have 3As but a B in chem! Is there any chance that I could go to med school in the uk now without resitting chem? And where could I apply?! Also some med schools only require chemistry at As level as a minimum such as imperial. So is it possible for me to not cash in my a2 chem grade and apply? Or could I still apply to imperial and declare my b in chem but still be considered with a b in chem and 3As? Thankss
    St. George's will consider you. I emailed them asking and they said a B in Chemistry is fine:

"Achieving AAAB would be fine and resitting within the 2 years is totally acceptable.

We therefore wish you all the best with your studies and possible application."

Take a look at this link: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...l_Requirements

I would suggest emailing Imperial but they might consider you if you have As in Biology and Physics/Maths. I was a little confused about their subject requirements too and did send them an email, but they haven't got back to me yet. Go through that list and make a list of the ones that don't require Chemistry at A-level. Then email those universities and ask them whether they would consider your application if you have 3 As excluding Chemistry. I'd imagine they would unless their websites state "AAA including Biology and Chemistry" or something to that effect. Also, I would suggest you cash all your A-levels in; it would be troublesome if they found out I would imagine.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat-lover)
    St. George's will consider you. I emailed them asking and they said a B in Chemistry is fine:

"Achieving AAAB would be fine and resitting within the 2 years is totally acceptable.

We therefore wish you all the best with your studies and possible application."

Take a look at this link: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...l_Requirements

I would suggest emailing Imperial but they might consider you if you have As in Biology and Physics/Maths. I was a little confused about their subject requirements too and did send them an email, but they haven't got back to me yet. Go through that list and make a list of the ones that don't require Chemistry at A-level. Then email those universities and ask them whether they would consider your application if you have 3 As excluding Chemistry. I'd imagine they would unless their websites state "AAA including Biology and Chemistry" or something to that effect. Also, I would suggest you cash all your A-levels in; it would be troublesome if they found out I would imagine.

Good luck!
    Thank you so much!! I never did thank you for this! Just been so busy and as time passes you completely forget, but thanks a lot you obviously gave up quite a bit of your time for me! I appreciate it a lot thank you so much!

[SIZE=1]Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibbyb94)
    Thank you so much!! I never did thank you for this! Just been so busy and as time passes you completely forget, but thanks a lot you obviously gave up quite a bit of your time for me! I appreciate it a lot thank you so much!

[SIZE=1]Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZE
    Awww, you're welcome.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.