Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of taking my bike to uni to save a bit of money on bus fares, but I'm not sure. Does anybody know if the cycle route takes you in to the town centre, how long it is and how much of it is on the roads? Thanks!
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiggyTopes)
    I'm thinking of taking my bike to uni to save a bit of money on bus fares, but I'm not sure. Does anybody know if the cycle route takes you in to the town centre, how long it is and how much of it is on the roads? Thanks!
    Depends whereabouts in town and speed of cycling. It's about 3 miles and mostly on dedicated paths or cycle lanes on the road through the centre of town, takes around 20 minutes. Here is the map. http://www.lancs.ac.uk/estates/docum...ing%202010.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k9markiii)
    Depends whereabouts in town and speed of cycling. It's about 3 miles and mostly on dedicated paths or cycle lanes on the road through the centre of town, takes around 20 minutes. Here is the map. http://www.lancs.ac.uk/estates/docum...ing%202010.pdf
    Thanks very much! I've been searching for a map like that for ages!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.