Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was having a look at the 2013/2014 term dates and saw that we only have about 2 weeks for easter and after that its a few revision dates and then assessment days. I'm assuming that assessment days mean exams?
    My family originally planned to go away for 2 weeks during the easter, however seeing as I'd have exams as soon as I come back, would you recommend not going away during easter?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think that only happens some years, because it depends when Easter falls. In the past I found it very helpful to have those two weeks of Easter free for study just before revision week & exams, means I get way more revision done than otherwise (I have a feeling people in general do better when that happens). Perhaps you could just go away for one week then return to get some studying in? Of course, you do have revision week, so it just depends how efficient you are at revising and motivating yourself to revise in term time before you go away!

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how you study, if you study all year round as you get work then you may be able to get away with going on holiday and perhaps skimming over some stuff whilst on holiday. If you are like me on the other hand and don't bother studying until the very last moment then it's probably best to not go on holiday and use those 2 weeks wisely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anita21)
    Yeah I think that only happens some years, because it depends when Easter falls. In the past I found it very helpful to have those two weeks of Easter free for study just before revision week & exams, means I get way more revision done than otherwise (I have a feeling people in general do better when that happens). Perhaps you could just go away for one week then return to get some studying in? Of course, you do have revision week, so it just depends how efficient you are at revising and motivating yourself to revise in term time before you go away!

(Original post by BAD AT MATHS)
    Depends on how you study, if you study all year round as you get work then you may be able to get away with going on holiday and perhaps skimming over some stuff whilst on holiday. If you are like me on the other hand and don't bother studying until the very last moment then it's probably best to not go on holiday and use those 2 weeks wisely.
    Aha thanks, I'm going to play it safe and not go on holiday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eggfriedrice)
    I was having a look at the 2013/2014 term dates and saw that we only have about 2 weeks for easter and after that its a few revision dates and then assessment days. I'm assuming that assessment days mean exams?
    My family originally planned to go away for 2 weeks during the easter, however seeing as I'd have exams as soon as I come back, would you recommend not going away during easter?
    I strongly advise not going on holiday for two weeks. Maybe a long weekend or a even a week if you are very organised but losing your whole holiday will make things hard.

You have two weeks off, then a revision week where you may or may not have some revision classes depending on your lecturers, then it's exam time. Summer exam period is usually three weeks and freshers tend to have more towards the back end of exams, as they tend to do final year exams first so they can be marked and turned around before graduation.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.