Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I know its only been a few days since results but is anyone else still waiting for their accommodation to come through?? Northumbria was only my insurance option so Im really worried they won't have anywhere left for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyElizabeth94)
    Hi everyone! I know its only been a few days since results but is anyone else still waiting for their accommodation to come through?? Northumbria was only my insurance option so Im really worried they won't have anywhere left for me!
    I'm still waiting too :/ Northumbria was my insurance too, but I'm sure there'll be somehwere, even if its not on campus
    hope they let us know soon though!

ReputationRep:
    I got into Northumbria via Clearing. So im pretty freaking out about my accommodation! :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tryin-my-Best)
    I got into Northumbria via Clearing. So im pretty freaking out about my accommodation! :/
    its so annoying seeing everyone get their accommodation. I think we are just sleeping in the gutter...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fiona--94)
    its so annoying seeing everyone get their accommodation. I think we are just sleeping in the gutter...
    Hah that is a potential scenario. :L
    But did u see its a £250 deposit as well! Fml
    I really wanna get into Camden Court. But still waiting on my username and password in the post to log onto accommodation and apply for it!!

ReputationRep:
    Hah that is a potential scenario. :L
    But did u see its a £250 deposit as well! Fml
    I really wanna get into Camden Court. But still waiting on my username and password in the post to log onto accommodation and apply for it!!
    Really!
    I got into Claude Gibb hall just because i was an insurance applicant or whatever and they ran out of room :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fiona--94)
    Really!
    I got into Claude Gibb hall just because i was an insurance applicant or whatever and they ran out of room :/
    Oh no, really hope I don't get put into Claude Gibb - isn't that the catered one? Would much rather have self catered, so much more freedom!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyElizabeth94)
    Oh no, really hope I don't get put into Claude Gibb - isn't that the catered one? Would much rather have self catered, so much more freedom!
    Yup it is :/ I thought that too! I like being able to eat what I want when I want and the flats dont even have a lounge area so your either in your room or with everyone else in the building!

ReputationRep:
    I got in through Clearing too and I haven't got a clue about what I'm going to do about my accommodation!
    I'm thinking a tent might have to be an option!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllieDee18)
    I got in through Clearing too and I haven't got a clue about what I'm going to do about my accommodation!
    I thought I was in Claude Gibb because I got a phone call earlier today saying there was no room except for the catered ones or private accomodation. They told me to ring back in the morning but im worried my room will have been given away it was my insurance too

ReputationRep:
    anyone in Rothbury halls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllieDee18)
    I got in through clearing, kept ringing and got told all the accommodation has been given out and I am now on a waiting list. Then in September there is a flat finding day for all undergraduates who have not been given accommodation. So we may not be in halls.. Really annoying if you ask me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotteehowe)
    I got in through clearing, kept ringing and got told all the accommodation has been given out and I am now on a waiting list. Then in September there is a flat finding day for all undergraduates who have not been given accommodation. So we may not be in halls.. Really annoying if you ask me!
    haha i think i'll see you there, i got in through clearing too so stressful!

ReputationRep:
    I'm an insurance applicant aswell as being an international student because I live in the Isle of Man. I rang the accommodation office like twice today and they haven't been very helpful so I've just applied for Student Castle which is private accommodation for Newcastle and Northumbria students even though I really wanted to be in halls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rohana94)
    I'm an insurance applicant aswell as being an international student because I live in the Isle of Man. I rang the accommodation office like twice today and they haven't been very helpful so I've just applied for Student Castle which is private accommodation for Newcastle and Northumbria students even though I really wanted to be in halls
    Yeah I've done the same, student castle is so lovely and apparently it's just like halls but I'm scared because its got your own kitchen bit so I don't know if it will be as sociable that's my main concern and as a first year from a long way away too I'm worried about making friends etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotteehowe)
    Yeah I've done the same, student castle is so lovely and apparently it's just like halls but I'm scared because its got your own kitchen bit so I don't know if it will be as sociable that's my main concern and as a first year from a long way away too I'm worried about making friends etc
    Yeah it is really nice and that's exactly what I'm thinking! And there aren't any little common rooms for the flats just one big one. But I think the majority of people there are in the same situation as us so it won't be too bad! I haven't accepted the offer yet still got a little bit of hope for halls haha

ReputationRep:
    hi, I phoned the accommodation office today and the guy said there is no room in halls. All first years with no where to live will have to attend a 'flat finding' day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattyparry)
    haha i think i'll see you there, i got in through clearing too so stressful!
    does anyone know when the flat finding day will be? Travelling from Northern Ireland and so need to book flights etc.

ReputationRep:
    I got an email today saying they've received my application for accommodation, and that

" New applications received on or after 15th August - We will assist you with finding accommodation and you will receive information about accommodation before the end of August "

so much stress

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rohana94)
    Yeah it is really nice and that's exactly what I'm thinking! And there aren't any little common rooms for the flats just one big one. But I think the majority of people there are in the same situation as us so it won't be too bad! I haven't accepted the offer yet still got a little bit of hope for halls haha

I am the same going up to see it on Friday, it is really close to both liberty quay and manor bank halls literally they are over the road! I thinkk a lot of us are in the same position and I spoke to the man who works at student castle and he said they put all the freshers together on the same floors and put on social events to allow us to meet people!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.