The Student Room Group

Retake CIE A Level

I wanna retake my A-Level. But, Im a little confuse.
1)Should I retake AS and A2 together or just A2 syllabus? ?
2)And when the result out in 2014 is only based on my retake A2 level or with my previous AS level?
3) Do uni accept A2 level only ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by FionaT
2)And when the result out in 2014 is only based on my retake A2 level or with my previous AS level?

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. Depends on your AS grades I believe...
If you did ok in AS, you can retake only A2.
If you feel you can do better, then retake AS and A2 in one session.
I strongly advise against this, many people crack under the pressure of redoing 3-5 papers.
(I know people who got a B in AS and wanted to redo it along with A2. Ended up with a C as final grade)
2. If you retake A2 ONLY, your overall A level grade is 50% your old AS plus 50% your retaken A2.
3. No, unis accept either a complete A level (AS+A2) or an AS level qualification (AS only)

I'm doing CIE AS levels now so I'm pretty sure about this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Hey, I just wanted to ask, if I resit my as level exams again. Will I lose my previous grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by FionaT

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm re-taking my CIE AS level, many of the people in my school are re-taking their AS level to improve their grades. My teachers and school counselors advised me that It is better to re-take AS level compared to re-taking A2. I don't understand your questions..... uni accepts both AS and A2, because both of them are 50/50 out of the final mark.....the rest I don't understand
Original post by BaalajeN
1. Depends on your AS grades I believe...
If you did ok in AS, you can retake only A2.
If you feel you can do better, then retake AS and A2 in one session.
I strongly advise against this, many people crack under the pressure of redoing 3-5 papers.
(I know people who got a B in AS and wanted to redo it along with A2. Ended up with a C as final grade)
2. If you retake A2 ONLY, your overall A level grade is 50% your old AS plus 50% your retaken A2.
3. No, unis accept either a complete A level (AS+A2) or an AS level qualification (AS only)

I'm doing CIE AS levels now so I'm pretty sure about this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I'd like to ask have u sat the CIE English AS level?
Original post by Archit13
Hey, I just wanted to ask, if I resit my as level exams again. Will I lose my previous grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile

can someone please answer this :frown:(((((((((
Reply 6
Guys, If i retake an AS level subject, will it make any difference to my Resultsor certificates?will there be any types of indication in my results orcertificates regarding the retake? Also if i carry forward that AS subjectand complete my A level, will my A level certificate or result have anyindication that i retook that particular AS subject? Really confused😕 , thanks in advance.
Reply 7
Guys, i really need help! If i retake an AS level subject, will it make any difference to my Results
or certificates?will there be any types of indication in my results or
certificates regarding the retake? Also if i carry forward that AS subject
and complete my A level, will my A level certificate or result have any
indication that i retook that particular AS subject?
Reply 8
If i retake an AS level subject, will it make any difference to my Results
Reply 9
Original post by Ishaq111
If i retake an AS level subject, will it make any difference to my Results

I had to retake AS level chemistry and got a separate certificate for it with just my new chemistry grade but on my A level certificate, there was no indication that I have retaken AS level chemistry. So I have 3 certificates, one with my AS grades, second one with just my new AS chemistry grade and third one with my A level grades with no indication of retake.
But this was in 2015, it might be different now.

Quick Reply

Latest