Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey. So I got my AS results on Thursday and obviously it was a bit of a disaster. I was set on dropping English therefore didn't revise and ended up with an A and a D totalling a C which is 6 ums off a B. in my other subjects I obtained BBC. The C in chemistry which I want to drop.

I want to study Biological sciences at university and am wondering how much trouble I am in? I feel absolutely awful about myself. I feel so stupid.

With no January exams do you think it's possible to achieve these grades? I'm hoping to push my Biology from a mid B to an A and obviously English from a high C to a B.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    It's entirely feasible to get from a BBC to ABB You could probably expect to gain a grade in each subject if you put the work in

ReputationRep:
    I went from BBC to AAA, didn't work very hard for most of the first year, worked very hard throughout the second year. It's possible

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tssf_skye)
    Hey. So I got my AS results on Thursday and obviously it was a bit of a disaster. I was set on dropping English therefore didn't revise and ended up with an A and a D totalling a C which is 6 ums off a B. in my other subjects I obtained BBC. The C in chemistry which I want to drop.

I want to study Biological sciences at university and am wondering how much trouble I am in? I feel absolutely awful about myself. I feel so stupid.

With no January exams do you think it's possible to achieve these grades? I'm hoping to push my Biology from a mid B to an A and obviously English from a high C to a B.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Totally possible. I went from ACC to AAB back in 2007. Got in to biomedical science at Kings (graduated 2010).
    During A2 year I retook quite a few module papers in January

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got my results after resitting year 12 and got B in Business, C in maths and D in physics. I was expected an A after doing so well in maths but got B in C2 and C in C1. And C in decision 1 . Also got A in Buss1 then got C in Buss2. Can I still get an A in business and maths? And atleast a C in physics? I want to do either accounting or maths at university but I don't know whether I can achieve atleast ABC. I wanted to pursue a career as an actuary or an accountant but I have just lost all hope. Do you think I could get into a good uni still and pursue my chosen career and how will universities view me as a candidate with those grades as I'm applying this year? I have resat mechanics in physics twice!! Thanks in advance for any help
    (

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thephonehut11)
    I got my results after resitting year 12 and got B in Business, C in maths and D in physics. I was expected an A after doing so well in maths but got B in C2 and C in C1. And C in decision 1 . Also got A in Buss1 then got C in Buss2. Can I still get an A in business and maths? And atleast a C in physics? I want to do either accounting or maths at university but I don't know whether I can achieve atleast ABC. I wanted to pursue a career as an actuary or an accountant but I have just lost all hope. Do you think I could get into a good uni still and pursue my chosen career and how will universities view me as a candidate with those grades as I'm applying this year? I have resat mechanics in physics twice!! Thanks in advance for any help
    (

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Only your predictions will be considered by uni's. Have a chat with your teachers & get some good predictions. Totally possible to improve your grades for your chosen course.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks but I have a C in as ict so should i drop physics in order to achieve atleast a B ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thephonehut11)
    (

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you resat more than once and still not achieved the grades you want, then you must question is aiming really high the best thing to do? Especially since you have resat the entire year and only did 3 AS levels.

I know someone who got BBCD at AS level, applied for 5 AAB universities that do economics. Resat some of his exams 3 times. Paid hundreds for his scripts back and resits. Ended up getting BBB. Has to take a year out.

I'll let you choose what the moral of this story is.

ReputationRep:
    But the thing is for example in maths I achieved high B's in the mock exams so I expecting an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I went from CDD to AAB

ReputationRep:
    What uni did u end up going to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasterSnake)
    I went from CDD to AAB
    did this include retakes?

ReputationRep:
    Easy, I somehow got from a ABBC to A*AAB... best bit is the C was the one that became the A*! Just work well, and you can achieve what you're hoping or. Best of luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I went from BCDE, all were just on their grade boundaries, to ABC, i probably could have got AAB had I worked a little harder but yes, I didn't work in AS, did some retakes in A2, worked hard and managed to get into my firm university. IT'S POSSIBLE!
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I went from C's to A's, a mate of mine went from b's to A*'s.... anythings possible if you work at it

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the good posts so to become an actuary or an accountant which degree should I apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think it's possible. I'm in a similar situation wanting to study biological science at university too. Got BBBC, so dropping the C which was in chemistry. So hoping to go from BBB to AAB next year I'm hoping my teachers predict me AAB otherwise it's going to be hard to get into most of the universities that I want to

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes my friend got BBCC and got 2*As and an A

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi there to answer your question, yes it is certainly possible to pull BBC up to ABB. Some one in my college last year pulled B in Psychology up to an A*.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I went from BBCC at AS to ABB (nearly AAB) for A2. Is not that hard, just retake a few modules and try hard for A2 (especially if you do any coursework) :o:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.