Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've been allocated halls in Birchen in Endcliffe but realised its a bit out of the student village. I also read a lot of current Uni students that return to halls are allocated there?

Just wondered what its like and if anyone else has been allocated there?

ReputationRep:
    I've been allocated Birchen as well. I also heard that a lot of 2nd and 3rd years are in Birchen, and also that the flats in Birchen aren't as nicely furnished as the flats that are located closer to the centre of Endcliffe, so I'm a bit worried. But at least there is another fresher in Birchen, couldn't find anyone for ages.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a returning student and I've been placed in Birchen. I have reason to believe it is a mixture of Freshers and returning students but don't worry, whilst it is on the edge of Endcliffe you will not miss out on anything. The flats are up to the same standard as all the others in Endcliffe too (they were all built at the same time), all of the flats are identically furnished.

ReputationRep:
    I'm here too, in B2, I'm first year so I'm glad to see Im not alone

ReputationRep:
    I'm a first year in Birchen A1. Anyone else in there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toots20)
    I'm B1, so we're on the same floor.

I'll be going into my 4th year though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackcurls)
    I'm here too, in B2, I'm first year so I'm glad to see Im not alone

(Original post by tomc222)
    I'm B1, so we're on the same floor.

I'll be going into my 4th year though.
    I'm B1 thinking about it, don't know where I got 2 from! but we've already spoke on Facebook Tom

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if the flats are mixed or single sex? and also if they are mixing first years and returners in flats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sianalexandria)
    Does anyone know if the flats are mixed or single sex? and also if they are mixing first years and returners in flats?
    I believe they are mixing first years and returners given that Birchen and Ravenstones are the two blocks set aside for returners. It is quite a small minority of students that choose to return to University accommodation though so there should be a lot of Freshers around.

As for being mixed, you can phone/email accommodation services and they will tell you. The smaller flats (like Birchen) tend to be same sex though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sianalexandria)
    I got put in the same flat in Birchen as one of the guys I was sharing with this year so some of them are mixed, others are same sex. They are mixing freshers and returners by the looks of it, due to the low number of returners I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toots20)
    <br />
    <br />

I'm in A1! Finally someone else!

ReputationRep:
    I am a 2nd year in Birchen C2 Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    It's not too far away. Basicly there's the main student village, and you can go to uni up the hill via broomhill etc, then some walk the "flat way" which goes past birchen. You're als fairly close to stephenson. Basicly you just cross the road to get where you are if I remember right, you don't need to worry

ReputationRep:
    Birchen A4, anybody? :-)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.